Prologue

The last few months since the wedding had gone by in a blur. Between doctor's appointments, cravings, and monitoring the construction on their new home they barely had time to rest. Thankfully, Zinnia had allowed them to stay with her until their home was finished being built. They had decided they only way to have a home they both loved was to have one built the way they wanted.

They had hoped their home would be built in time for the baby's arrival. However, even with the long hours of construction, it would still be another two months before they could move in. That's why they were grateful that Zinnia was more than willing to let them stay in her home. She saw it as an opportunity to spend quality time with her new son and her grandchild once they were born.

Eliza closed her eyes and took a deep breath as another pain shot through her stomach. She had hoped the pains were just false labor and would subside. But after three hours of steadily increasing pain, Eliza was beginning to accept that she may be in the beginning stages of labor.

Eliza rolled on her side then pushed herself into a sitting position. After steadying herself, she reached over and grabbed Wyatt's shoulder, gently shaking him.

"Wyatt. Wyatt wake up."

Wyatt groaned and cracked open his eyes. "What is it Eliza? Do you need me to get you some Froyo? You know, I'm pretty sure Coach keeps the Froyo shop open 24/7 just for us."

Eliza shook her head. "Its not a Froyo run this time. We need to go to the hospital. I think I'm in labor."

Wyatt's eyes shot open as he sat up. "Are you sure?"

Eliza nodded, placing a hand on her stomach. "I've been having pains for about three hours. They started out light but now they're about ten minutes apart and they're getting stronger."

Wyatt leaned over and pecked her lips. "Then let's not wait. Grab your bag and I'll wake your mom."

Eliza smiled. "Okay."

Wyatt got up and made his way down the hall to Zinnia's room. He took a deep breath then knocked on the door.

"Zinnia? I'm sorry to wake you but could you come out here please?"

Wyatt's ears twitched as he picked up on the sound of movement inside the room. Zinnia appeared at the door, tying a robe around her nightdress.

"What is it dear? Is everything alright?"

"Eliza thinks she's in labor." Wyatt explained. "We need to go to the hospital."

Zinnia's eyes sparkled in excitement. "Oh my. Well let's not dilly dally. You go help Eliza and I'll go get Zevon. We'll all meet downstairs when we're ready."

Wyatt nodded. "Thank you."

"Of course." Zinnia smiled. "Now go. Shoo. Help your wife. Leave the rest to me."

Wyatt laughed. "Okay, okay, I'm going."

Zinnia closed the door and rushed to her closet to get dressed. After throwing on some clothes she made her way across the street to Zevon's house. Zinnia knocked on the door, feeling giddy with excitement. She was going to be a grandmother.

Zevon opened the door, yawning as he greeted her. "Hello Zinnia. Its awfully early for a visit."

"Zevon, its time." Zinnia smiled. "Eliza is in labor. Can you take us to the hospital?"

Zevon immediately straightened up. "Of course. Let me change and grab my keys."

"Thank you Zevon." Zinnia replied. "We'll be waiting on my porch."

"I'll be out in moment." Zevon assured her before closing the door.

Zinnia walked back to her home just as Wyatt was helping Eliza outside.