Adults Only

"Nana!"

Zinnia laughed as Ezmae ran into waiting arms, welcoming her with a warm embrace. "Hello sweet girl."

"Ezmae! Ezmae!"

"Brayden! Kenzie!" Ezmae squealed, wiggling out of her grandmother's arms and running to greet them.

Brayden and Kenzie grabbed Ezmae, pulling her into a group hug. The three of them laughed and swayed before collapsing in a heap on top of each other.

"Alright you three, settle down." Wyatt chuckled, picking them up one by one and putting them back on their feet.

Eliza turned to her mother hesitantly. "Are you sure you can handle all three of them, Mom? We could always take them to the den instead. Wylda said she wouldn't mind."

"Nonsense." Zinnia shook her head. "You all go have a good time. I handled the three of you at this age. I can most certainly handle my granddaughter and her friends."

All of them laughed.

"We were a handful." Zed chuckled.

Eliza nudged him and rolled her eyes. "You were a handful. Bonzo and I were just along for the ride."

Zed gasped, pretending to be offended. "Excuse me? You were up to just as much mischief. Bonzo, tell her."

Bonzo put his hands up in defense. "Agruz ag garzaru. Zrog ro agru zu. (It's my birthday. Leave me out of it.)"

Eliza smirked in triumph as Zed huffed. "Thanks a lot man."

Addison patted Zed's shoulder comfortingly as she turned to Zinnia. "Well we really appreciate you taking them. It will be nice to have a night to ourselves."

"Agreed." Bree nodded, resting her head against Bonzo's arm. "Its been a while since we've had some quality time. And this may be our last chance before the baby arrives."

"Well you all go have fun." Zinnia smiled, gathering the children around her. "I've got things handled here."

"Call if you need anything." Eliza reminded her. "We're only going down the street to the cheer pavillion."

"I know, I know." Zinnia replied, waving her off. "Now shoo. You're wasting daylight."

The parents all laughed then said their goodbyes before climbing into their cars. The kids and Zinnia all waved goodbye until the cars were out of sight.

"Well." Zinnia smiled, looking down at the three kids. "What should we do first?"

"Can I show Brayden and Kenzie my new playset daddy built, Nana?" Ezmae asked, pointing to the backyard.

"Of course." Zinnia beamed. "Let's go."

Zinnia ushered the kids into the house. Exmae ran to the back door and led Brayden and Kenzie back outside. She pointed excitedly to the playset, complete with a tree house, a slide, and two swings.

"See?" Ezmae squealed, bouncing up and down. "My daddy made it!"

"Let's go!" Kenzie cheered, running for the swings. The other two charged after her.

Zinnia settled herself in her chair in the shade of the house and watched them play. It was a precious sight.

Time Skip brought to you by A-lly's anger issues

Ezmae giggled as she climbed into the tree house. It had been a few hours since they had started playing and their current game was tag. She watched as Brayden chased Kenzie around the yard, trying to tag her. Ezame waved her hands to get their attention.