The Park

Wren hummed softly as she made her way up the stairs of the apartment complex in Zombie Town. She had gotten her fill of newborn pup cuteness and had decided to share the news with her friends.

The second floor was quiet except for the sound footsteps coming from those walking the halls. Wren made her way to apartment 208 and knocked on the door. Laughter echoed through the apartment, then footsteps. The door opened and Zoey poked her head out.

"Hey Wren, what's up?"

Wren smiled. "Just bringing some news from the den. Mind if I come in?"

Zoey stepped aside. "Of course not. Make yourself at home."

Laughter filled the apartment once more as Wren stepped inside. Zoey closed the door behind her, turning just in time to see her neice and girlfriend come running into the room.

"I'm gonna get you!" Wanda teased.

Kenzie squealed, running behind Wren's legs. "Aaaaaah! Wren help!"

Wren chuckled scooping Kenzie up into her arms. "Don't worry Pup, I got you."

Kenzie stuck her tongue out at Wanda who rolled her eyes. "You got lucky this time."

The girls all chuckled then walked into the living room to sit. Wren held Kenzie in her lap, bouncing her on one knee.

"So what news have you brought us?" Zoey asked.

Wren's face lit up. "Winnie had her baby early this morning! It's a little boy. They've named him Warren."

"Awwwww!" Zoey and Wanda both cooed.

Kenzie looked up at her curiously. "The baby came out of Winnie's tummy?"

"He did." Wren nodded. "When he gets bigger you'll have a new friend to play with."

"Can I see?" Kenzie asked.

Wren sighed and shook her head. "Not today Kenz. Winnie, Will, and the baby are all tired. They were up all night. I'm sure your mommy and daddy will take you to meet the baby sometime."

"Okay." Kenzie sighed sadly. "I wish my mommy had a baby in her belly."

Zoey chuckled. "You do, do you?"

"Uh huh." Kenzie nodded. "Aunt Bree has a baby in her belly, Winnie's baby was in her belly, and Wynter had a baby in her belly but it went away."

Wren looked down at her in surprise. "You know about that Pup?"

"I heard at the hospital. Grandpa thought I was sleeping, but I wasn't." Kenzie explained. "He said sometimes when mommies get sick, the babies have to leave their bellies. That's why Wynter and Walker were sad."

"You're a very smart pup, you know that Kenzie?" Wren asked.

Kenzie smiled. "Daddy says I'm too smart to be three."

"Did he now?" Wanda asked, tickling her belly. "Well I think he might be on to something. You sure your three?"

Kenzie giggled. "Yes!"

"I guess I believe you." Wanda sighed playfully, ceasing her tickling.

Zoey looked at the clock. "Zed and Addison won't be here for a couple hours. Why don't we all walk down to the park? We could all use some fresh air. Is that okay with you Wren?"

"Sure." Wren replied. "It sounds like fun."

Kenzie wiggled out of Wren's arms and ran to Zoey. "Can I swing Aunt Zoey?"

Zoey smiled. "Yes, you can go on the swings while we're there. Go get your shoes on."

"Yay!" Kenzie cheered, running off to find her shoes.