only nerds can spell sherades - 22

(y/n's pov)

***

Nekoma Gym📍 - Saturday, 9:02 AM

***

"ok guys so to wrap up the week, there's only gonna be practice games this morning. you're free to do whatever you want during the afternoon— granted you let a coach know where you're going," coach nekomata said.

'YES I CAN PLAY GAMES W/KENNY'

i stared directly into kenmas head until he finally looked my way.

(a/n: wait ok call me crazy but i don't have that sixth sense-
like i can't tell when someone is staring at me unless i see them in my peripheral vision🧍
is this a disease?
probably
am i gonna do anything about it?
nope)

'you and me play?' i mouthed with hand gestures.

he just gave a simple nod and turned his attention back towards the coach.

.
.
.

after the teams had been put on a roster for mock matches, yachi, kiyoko, and i all sat down to take notes.

but that's boring so i decided to go annoy my favoritest person around: kei tsukishima.

"hey yams, hey keikei," i greeted while walking up to him and tadashi.

"for the love of all things good and holy, would you PLEASE stop calling me that?" he said in exasperation.

i put my finger on my chin and pretended to think.

"mmm how about no?" i answered with a smile.

"y/n one of these days you'll be living alone in a tiny little house wondering why you could never marry. you will then look back on this moment when i, kei tsukishima, stood here and told you that it's because you're unbelievably annoying."

"holy- my guy are you good? it's like you've been waiting to use that," i said with slight worry.

he just huffed and walked over to kageyama and hinata to practice a bit before their match.

"that was very out of character for him. is he ok?" i asked yams.

tadashi stood there, trying not to make eye contact while saying, "yeah he's fine."

i squinted at him and tried again.

"is he ok?"

he finally just came clean and told me that tsukki was only looking out for me.

he was just "doing it in his own special way".

"but there's literally no reason to look out for me when i'm with him almost every single day," i reasoned.

"i know but- he's just worried that suna isn't the right the person for you," yamaguchi confessed.

i glanced over at my blonde best friend and smiled a bit.