Chapter 25; First Day of Training

Sans woke up, stiff and annoyed. He didn't get much sleep, but he could deal. He couldn't exactly fault Mina for it, she just couldn't sleep and was curious about him. She was still a kid and naturally curious. Currently, he sat in the dining room with a cup of coffee.

"Sans?"

"Oh, morning Kota."

"You're putting ketchup in your tea."

Sans looked down, and he was, in fact, squirting ketchup into his cup.

"Nice."

After a quick few stirs, Sans chugged the ketchup-y drink, mortifying the young boy. Sans laughed and dug into a bowl of blueberry oatmeal. The reheated berries popped, so when mixed, turning the oatmeal bright blue. Sans added in cinnamon and honey.

"Sans!"

"Hey Mina. Were you able to get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah, um... Sorry about bugging ya."

"Eh, don't sweat it. Water under the bridge."

Sans patted her shoulder and yawned.

"Hello Kittens~"

Mandalay stood in front of the table as Sans started dozing.

"Aww, still sleepy."

"Sorry, his quirk needs a lot of energy."

"Don't worry, I'm aware sweetie. If you won't mind, carry him outside so we can begin your training."

"Okay! Upsy-daisy."

Mina hoisted Sans onto her back. He may have been unnaturally light, but he was still taller than her, so it was a little awkward. Sans was stirred awake, but enjoyed the free ride outside.

"Okay, so Pinky. Your quirk allows you to create acid. You can also control the viscosity of said acid, correct?"

"Yup!"

"And Gaster -"

"Sans, please."

Sans was used to his classmates calling him by his father's name, but he didn't want to hear it from adults. It felt weirder.

"Alright. Sans, your quirk allows you to summon "Gaster Blasters" and teleport, did I get that right?"

"Sorta. Yeah I can summon my blasters, and it's not teleportation. It's just a shortcut. I bend the space between two places, and travel through the void to get to where I want. I can only take a shortcut to somewhere I've already been, so I can't go somewhere like Spain or Russia."

"Hmm. Alright. Pinky, I'm sending you to Tiger and Ragdoll. She's over by the mountain. Sans, you'll be with me."

Sans slid off Mina's back and followed Mandalay into the forest. Pixie-Bob was already standing there making small cats out of mud.

"Alright, I want you to make a blaster, as large as you can."

"Sure."

Sans summoned a ninety meter blaster, scaring the wits out of the two pro-heroes.

"O-okay! Now, make as many of those as you can."

Sans made two more ninety meter ones before he felt his magic giving up. Causing the blasters to vanish.

"Okay. How many Gaster Blasters can you make, without worrying about sizes?"

"Taking size out of the equation, I can make over five hundred twenty foot blasters. If we're talking really tiny blasters, say only...two feet... Maybe over six thousand."