Chapter 5 - Dating Sim

Any Date A Live fans out there?

I got a treat for you. With a twist.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

Chef went home and went straight for the shower and bed. Though when he kicked back read a new book he just got it dawned on him. The monster girls at his friend and employer's house need ID's. That means paperwork. That requires waiting some amount of time. It also means, a long, long time sitting in a chair waiting for a ticket number. In a certain place that doubles as a hell hole. Okay for work,  horrible for a regular individual. Now what in Hell's fire is this place. Three letters when put together that become horrible. Simply awful. D-M-V.

~~~~~

"How long Darling?" Asked Miia grumbling as she had to wait twenty or so spots in line.

"I don't know. Hopefully not long." Kimihito replied. 

"Looks like it's going to be another hour. We have two down already." Rachnera shook her head.

"I'd say about that. Sounds good." Chef was sitting down continuing his book with no issue. As if he wanted to finish it that badly.

"Did you really just come here to sit down and read as you watch us?" Complained Lala.

"And be supportive." He flipped the page without looking. "Been dying for this plot too. I'm on page 154." 

"You suck." Huffed Lala.

"I said it was going to be a while. And yet I am the only one here with a book. I haven't been back home in Japan for even a month and I knew this was coming. I warned you all. And here we are. I'm taking in the grace, the groans, the lines, numbers being called, and morons behind the counter not knowing what form a guy has to fill out. Pass the coffee if needed."

"Why go through all of this when you don't need anything?" Asked Centoria.

"It's simple. You can focus on your book when at home there are so many other things to keep you occupied. Last night I hit about twenty pages and I was off to bed. Wanting to go more. This was a perfect time." Chef smiled.

"That certainly explains it. And can't ignore the help." Nodded Kimihito.

"See Hito? Everyone wins." Chuckled Chef.

As the girls just started to have their names called, Chef did get a text. This was from a number he didn't recognize. It was a Japan number so he thought he would open it up.

Greetings Chef. It's Agent Smith.

Don't be alarmed. You're not in trouble. I just wanted to ask you some things. 

In case you were interested in the culture of monster girls and experience, I have something set up for you. I couldn't tell Darling and the girls. But I wanted to put you through a live simulation to test the waters. I have some associates that will help you. Good for both of you because some of them are sensitive. 

This can help you in case there is a monster girl that comes your way. If she isn't already there that is. 

Huh. Might as well take her up on that. I think Hito doesn't need this because he is already thrown out there with experience. Let's see. Chef smiled and went back to his book. Assuring that he would give her a text saying he would go for it. The 'live simulation' part thought was peculiar. And who was going to be part of it?

~~~~~

That afternoon after the lunch shift was finished Chef got the text to meet Smith and most likely others at a hotel. There he was supposed to meet her there. Who she was bringing along didn't even register to him. The hotel part really freaked him out. People go to hotels to grab a room. That are just a bed, maybe a small living space, and a bathroom. Meeting Smith at a hotel? To what? Be broken in again? Sheesh. 

As Chef nervously walked in Smith was sitting there waiting for him to walk in with coffee in hand. "Ah. Chef. Welcome in. Are you ready for what is next?"

He was very hesitant. "Exactly, what is next?"

"I rented the conference room for training. Come along." She smiled.

Thank God! He sighed in relief.

The two walked past the check-in and past the kitchen area. Then to a hallway where there were conference rooms held. Some smaller than others. Smith lead them into room #2 and saw that there was just a desk with two seats across from one another and behind the further seat was a black curtain that covered one-third of the room. 

"So, what's going on here? The simulation." Asked Chef.

"It's simple really. We have coffee, water, and snacks for the time being because we might be here for a little time. I will be behind the curtain observing as I will pull in one of my girls just for the two of you to chat. This is to help them with their insecurities and give both of you some experience. I have four girls here and please be nice."

"Well of course." He nodded.

"So only one will be in the room at a time. So only one of them will hear you at a time. Remember Chef, they're monster girls. But they still have feelings and can be a little like the girls you take care of at work. Are you ready?" She smirked.

"Let me grab coffee. Let's do it." He went to the size to grab a mug. Showtime was coming up. Talk about experience. This was basically free job training. Chef planned on having dinner along side Hito and the girls too. How about it.

"So put in this ear piece when you're ready." Smith put it down at the desk. "This is to get better results. I'm your lifeline."

"Okay then. Gladly." You make a fresh cup and put in the ear piece.

{ Can you hear me? }

"Woah. That's uh, a little weird at first."

{ Okay. Good. I'll be here monitoring this and I'll chirp in your ear if you have to. I'm going to set the first one in. She's taken. So no flirting okay. She's probably the most outgoing. They all know me so don't be afraid to mention me if you need to. }

"Alright." He sat back as he saw a woman behind the curtain go through. "Afternoon. I'm (FN). Agent Smith calls me Chef because it's my job."

"I'm Zombina. Kind of in the name but, I'm one of the Living Dead." She smiled as she went to her seat.

Chef thought about it for a moment. "Zombie basically? Fascinating."

"I'm sure you can tell by the stitches? Just try not to stare too hard please. And I do have a boyfriend." She replied.

"Oh of course. So, how's the whole relationship work between human and monster?"

She giggled. "Gary was kind of nervous about it. It's still in early phases, but I like him. He's sensible. Caring. And then he's got tall and a little built. He doesn't get it either. Haha."

"Really? Shocker."

Zombina leaned back in her chair. "I'm glad I'm working under Smith. Got to meet him because of it. She works hard to put it all together and make the world with more peace and less malice. Ya know?"

"Totally get it."

{ You're good at this. But the next ones are going to be tougher. This is easy. }

Zombina checked her phone. "Welp. Guess I got to take off. Best of luck with the others. And if need any advice, let me know. I'm still learning too." She got up. "Thanks Chef."

"See you around Zombina." He watched her walk off behind the curtain. Probably some insecurities. Understandable. But if she is like the ex, big problems.

~~~~~

Working on the next chapter of this. Hope you like.

-Relly