Chapter 11 - Body and Mind

When those two aren't on the same page, it's all bad. Goes all down South.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

When dinner came around, Lala in body and head both fell asleep. Maybe she was overdue. Or perhaps the comfort was overpowering and now causing a good and much deserved and needed rest. Whichever Chef and the others wanted to believe, the table was one short. Which now had Chef become the elephant in the room with him bow being a guest and not a worker tonight.

"So how is Lala?" Asked Papi.

Chef gave it a second to think. Put it in a way where he not talk her down. "She's in phase where she's having an identity crisis. Rather, figuring things out."

"Meaning how to keep her head on straight?" Asked Miia.

Chef laughed. "I should put her head on backwards sometime so she can see herself on what a pain in the ass she is." He laughed.

Even Kimihito chuckled. "That's funny. I'll give it to you. In all seriousness. Is it bad? Is she changing her look on things?"

"That bad and job like personality is starting to get a little bit of an off switch. It's being installed."

"Switch?" Gasped Rachnera. "Is there a beating?"

"No!" Cried Chef and Kimihito.

"Sorry Honey. Sorry Chef..." The slider shook her head.

"I think it's more of trying to make work, stay at work. And she can choose not to be at work. When she's having dinner here and trying to kick back to enjoy tea, she just needs to be Lala. Not Death the reaper of the night." Explained Chef.

"Switch in her head. Mental. Right..." Rachnera figured it out. There was no boundage of the sort.

"Do I have a switch I flick on and off in there?" Papi poked at her head.

"Leave that one alone..." Centorea shook her head. "But maybe Lala needs to see more as to what life has to over. What's around the riverbend. The sky that has countless stars." 

"More to life than just a bitter personality. Yes indeed. Maybe there is just something that will make her crack." Chef cracked his knuckles. "To Death the personality parts. I'll show her. Oh I'll show her. Or else."

"Or else what?" Asked Mero. "Tragedy?" She smiled.

"Nah. A night in the box." After all, the head in the bread box had her shut up real quick.

~~~~~

Morning time came as Chef dressed in casual clothes once more opened the bread box to grab the flat bread. Lala was sleeping with the slightest of snores. Then Chef put the rest of the bread right on top of her face and waited for a response. Some sort of reaction. The good ol 'Hey, what the hell' cry and complain about it reaction. And she wouldn't disappoint.

"Hey..."Lala opened a sleepy eye to see a bad over her face. "What gives? You trying to kill me? Remove this plastic this instant!"

"Fine, fine. And by the way how can Death itself die?" He took the bag back out and hit the door to the bread box shut. "How's that?" He mumbled.