Vol. 1 Chapter 4.2 - The Point System

Once I cheered Aqua up, we walked through the school gates in a dramatic fashion. A convenient burst of wind flew by the area, making our hair and clothes sway in a cool way.

"So this is what the schools of your world look like huh..." Darkness mumbled. I almost forgot that these idiots weren't allowed to enter any school district because they looked suspicious.

"While walking here I could see how big the campus was. It's even bigger than the one in the village." Megumin commented. Oh yeah, Megumin studied at some weird magic school back in the Crimson Demon Village when she was younger. That was one of the few places in Belzerg where you could get some form of higher education.
"It is bigger in person..." Aqua took in the incredible sights of the pathway to the school building.

"Wait. How'd you know how it would look like anyway?" I ask her.

"Fufufu. I'm the goddess in charge of Japan remember? Of course I'd know how such a prestigious school would look like." Aqua pridefully stated. Ok now that was some bullshit.

"You probably saw it in some sort of advertisement right?" The other two nodded at my declration. "Thought so."

Aqua froze for a moment before ultimately recovering from the miniscule hit to her ego. At this point, not a lot of things I say can really make her cry, especially when I don't have my stash of items to blackmail my party membees with.

"Still, I wonder why this was the school that Eris sent us to go to? Is it a special school or something?" Of course not Aqua that'd be ridiculous.

"Are there normally special schools here Kazuma?" Megumin turned to me and asked. Her arms still looked like she was holding her staff even though there's nothing there.

"Unless you're talking about fiction, then no." There were a lot of special school settings in anime. Most of them being some prestigious private school with fucked-up rules.

"Ooo. That'd be a really nice spot for an Explosion." Megumin commented as we walked past an empty spot of grass between a couple of trees.

"No explosions!" I bonk her head with my right hand.

"That hurt Kazuma." Megumin said with tears in her eyes and her hands cradling her head.

"Then you better get used to it. There'll be no Explosions unless I say so. I don't want to get branded as a terrorist. Again." One time was enough.

"Fine. I get it." She rolled her eyes at my order.

As we walk I could her some whispers starting to form around me and my party.

"Those girls look really cute."

"Especially that blue-haired girl. Did she dye her hair?"

"No way, the blond one's where its at. She looks like a foreigner."

"Clearly you guys have no taste. The one with dark red hair is the cutest of the bunch."

"But why are they hanging around that plain looking dude?"

"Yeah, they should be talking with someone handsome. Like me."

"Fuck off. That guy's hotter than both of you combined."

"He does look like someone who knows those girls."And on and on.

There's always guys like these whenever we travel to a place where we aren't known. Sometimes, I pawn off my party member to those guys for a bit, then a few minutes later they come crawlimg to me, begging for me to take them back. When I refuse, they literally pay me to take back my one party members.