Prologue

My name is Seiji Kawashima. I'm an orphan that was taken in by the Kiryu clan during my teenage years. I ran away from home to escape a life I didn't want to live, but the chairman, Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima as he was once called, took me in.

I can't remember exactly how we first met, but back then, I didn't know how to stand up for myself.

I was left to wander aimlessly around the streets of Kabukicho, or Kamurocho as others call it. I saw men like me everywhere, you know? Street kids, vagabonds, and strays. The city for the most part is safe to walk around. But every now and then, there would always be a group of thugs or yakuza looking for someone to corrupt, use, or steal from.

I was minding my own business one day, when I accidentally bumped into someone and they immediately called me out as I was walking onward. "You! Why are you so clueless? Didn't anyone ever teach you how to walk?" The speaker was some hooligan, wearing sunglasses and a black leather jacket and pants.

He looked down at me and started laughing. "Stupid kid. Just looking at you now is starting to piss me off." He growled. I tried to ignore him and go about my day. But soon he started following me, so I kept moving on. I was so focused on avoiding any unnecessary contact that I didn't notice the man and his posse until I was heading towards the next street. 

Just as I decided to make a run for it, I soon fell to the ground after getting kicked from behind. "You little brat. Think you can just walk away without a problem? You'll learn that lesson the hard way." He and his goons start walking towards me, preparing to beat me up.

"No! Please! Leave me alone! I'm sorry, okay?!" I pleaded. I raised my hands in a gesture of surrender. He didn't respond, just kept walking towards me, fists clenched. He was getting ready to punch me. I was terrified.

However, just when I thought I was going to get hurt, I heard him grunt in pain, and fall to the ground. "What the?! Who the hell are you?!" I heard one of his cronies inquire. "That's none of your business. You all should know better than to start a fight with a kid." I heard a calm, mature voice.

I partially get up and look ahead to what was happening. Standing around the thugs was a six foot tall man, wearing a suit, a light gray two piece suit, and a maroon dress shirt with a popped collar. His black hair was slicked back, and his brown eyes were narrowed, looking at the fallen man.

~KAZUMA KIRYU~

EX-TOJO CLAN 4TH CHAIRMAN

"Oh, and you think it's okay to just butt in other people's business? You think you're a big shot just 'cause you got a fancy suit? That kid over there bumped into me. So I wanted to give him a piece of my mind." The leader thug said to the guy in the gray suit.