Ch. 2: You know what they say... (Part 1)

PROLOGUE

Unknown POV

I had sent out a few other drones into Asakusa one night, scouting out the various sections of the districts, where in one part, a shoot-out was taking place.

I had seen one of Walnut's drones out and about, until it got shot down. Then after that, my drone was shot out of the sky.

There was definitely something big going on back there, and I wasn't going to sit around any longer in my current position to wonder what it was.

I checked my other drone, as I saw a building within the city limits, only to then see an explosion rip through a couple of floors.

I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I needed to find a new base of operations, if I was going to continue watching over Asakusa in secret.

Just then, my communications system had picked up a conversation between Walnut, and an infamous hacker, going by the alias of Robota.

I decided to tune in, and hear what they were talking about.

"*laughs* The Alan Institute. A mysterious support organization that has expanded across the globe. No one knows if it's a group, or actually just a single individual. But we do know they seek out geniuses suffering from poverty or other obstacles, and provide free assistance! Sports...! Literature...! Entertainment...! Medicine! Technology! They cover anything!" I heard Robota explain.

"I didn't come here for a lesson. Every kid in Tokyo knows that much." Walnut said to him, with her voice in a lower pitch to conceal her identity. "What I'm getting at is the Alan Institute is in a group that would kill!" He told her.

"I know for a fact they tried to get rid of me. The only question is how did they pinpoint my apartment's location?" Walnut asked.

I heard Robota giggle as I saw a video recording of the explosion that erupted from the same building that I saw from my drone's perspective. "KABOOM!" He cackled.

"Huh... Nice shot." She remarked. "I know, right? I treated myself to a new drone just for this. That current location of yours isn't a dummy, is it, Walnut?" He taunted her.

"So it was you." She realized. "You...! You sold me out to those guys!" She called him out as their conversation disconnected. Walnut's in danger? Not on my watch.

I decided to find a way to get in contact with this Robota guy, and leave him a message.

I won't let anyone get their hands on my girl.

I eventually managed to find a connection and jacked into his communications system.

I call him up, but not before sending him some malicious files and opening them on his end. "What the?! Viruses?! On my setup?! What's going on?!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm just kind of playing around with you. So I'm assuming you're not too terribly worried?" I asked. "Who the hell is this?" Robota demanded.

"Just a friend of Walnut's. Others know me simply as The Florist." I introduced myself to him. "The Florist? Like the Florist of Sai?" He questioned. "Bingo, you bucket of bolts." I insulted.

"I too, saw that explosion tonight. You've just crossed a huge line, my friend." I told Robota.

 "You're threatening me?!" He asked. "Would you prefer I say it in a different way?" I replied. "And what would those words be?" He entertained.

"Basically, I want you to stay away from Walnut. I will make sure that no hackers by the likes of you will cause any chaos to Walnut, or anyone else here in Asakusa!" I warned him.