chapter-4

Jade.

Crying for two straight hours gave me a terrible headache. I was lying on my bed when I saw a shadow near the door. It took me enough time to focus on it as I'm already feeling dizzy. By the time I did, the shadow was already gone.

That was why I went to see Ayden to see if it was him. His room is right next to mine. So it could be him passing by. But what on earth is he doing at this hour?

His door was closed. But I can see light coming through the keyhole.

By the time he finished questioning me, I was really annoyed. I turned to walk away. When he did something I wasn't prepared for,

He pulled me inside, pinning me against the wall and closing the door. He placed his hands on either side of my head, looking directly in the eyes. His lips twitch into a cruel smirk.

"Are you ready for this girl?" he asks.

"Ready for what?" I asked, trying not to sound or seem frightened.

"For whatever I'm going to do now," he said, smirking.

"What the fuck are you going to do?" I ask, gathering my breath.

He leaned forward, his face close to mine. But he suddenly stopped, his gaze going down to his stomach, to where I was pointing a gun. He looked at me again, wide-eyed.

"You can't do this," he whispers. Hear that whisper. He looks very frightened. Oops! I love to see him frightened. His eyes were wide with what seemed like fear, I assume.

"Of course", I say. I completely forgot about the fear.

"No... you are supposed to save me. You can't kill me. " He says

"Of course I can. I can kill you and make it an accident. Wanna see? Oh, sorry! You can't see that, right? Maybe you can if you come around as a ghost. " I say. I am trying my best to maintain a serious face and control my laughter.

"Please," he says softly. So softly...

"Don't play with me, boy, or I'll pull the trigger." I said, pushing him away from me. I opened the door and walked out to my room.

I started laughing as soon as I entered mine. I laughed and laughed and laughed so hard that my eyes were blurred with tears and my stomach started hurting.

I wiped away my tears as I lay there. My stomach still hurts from laughing so hard.

"Ron, what are you doing?" I can hear my mom's voice shaking with fear.

"I can't do anything; it's coming straight to us," says the dad. What's coming straight at us?

"Do something," says Mom. She is crying now.

I slowly opened my eyes. I've been sleeping for a while now. I'm sitting in the backseat of our car. Dad's driving and mom's sitting in the passenger seat.

"What's wrong, mom?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh...no... close your eyes, baby, you might not want to see this." She's crying hard now.

What do I not want to see? I opened my eyes but was blinded by the bright headlights of a big vehicle, which I assume is a truck. It hit our car so fast and hard. The front side of our car crashed, and it whirled and hit a tree nearby. I was thrown out, breaking the window glass.

My head hurts so badly that I can feel the blood trickling down from the side of my head. I looked to see our car with its front fully crashed. A whirl of fear went through me. Mom and dad.