chapter-12

Jade -

I slowly opened my eyes to see myself tied to a chair with a tape covering my mouth. I heard a groan. I tilted my head to see Aiden tied as well to a chair. A few feet away from me, I searched the surroundings. It seemed like a basement. There was no one here except us. I controlled my mind to remove the tape from our mouth and it did. It lost its stickiness and fell to our lap.

"Jade? What's happening? "

"Aiden,"

"What's wrong?" I was on my way to school when someone grabbed me from behind and got here, "

"That was your uncle."

"What no, are you mad? He dropped me at the school."

"He did it, he murdered your mother".

"What? No he didn't, it was a suicide."

"It wasn't aiden, it was a made-up suicide. She was killed, just like my parents,"

"You're parents?"

"Bravo!" I heard someone's voice, along with clapping their hands. I turned to see William with that truck driver. They walked towards us, stopping almost ten feet away.

"Brilliant!!" William says "You're smarter than I thought!" I saw my phone in my pocket I controlled it and called Michael. He answered quickly.

"Uncle" Aiden mutters.

"Yes, uncle, foster uncle."

"Foster uncle?"

"Yes, foster uncle, I was adopted by your grandparents dear, but after a couple of years, your dad was born, but they tried to love us equally, but they failed. They loved your dad more than me, but yet your dad doesn't know that, "he says. "You can go, I will manage this," he added to that truck driver. who turned on his heels and left.

"Was that why you tied us?"

"No, of course not."

"Where are we?"

"At my home, of course,"

"Is this filthy space your home?" I asks.

"It's a basement," he says.

"Why did you tie us?" asks Aiden.

"To kill you"

Aiden had gone still.

"Why did you kill my parents? Why did you kill his mom? " I ask.

"Good question. I'll tell you as your last wish."

"Just spit it out," says Aiden angrily.

"Just cool down, kid. I'll tell you all about it." He started pacing back and forth. "Ava and Sophie were best friends. Ron was Michael's friend. Sophie met Michael in a mall, and shortly after that, they fell in love. I met Ava by Michael. Ron was with us when we went to meet Sophie and her friend Ava. I had a terrible crush on Ava. We were in college at the time. Ava was a medical student and was in her second year, and I was last.

She told me they started dating soon after they met for the first time when I confessed to her that I was in love with her. I wanted to kill him right then, but I waited, hoping. But then I had to move abroad. I knew she married Ron and had a baby. I didn't want to come back and see the woman I loved living happily with him, so I didn't. But years later, I came back. When I saw them together, I wanted to do nothing but kill him, but yet I talked to Ava to leave him and come with me. But she didn't do it. I ordered Alfred to kill them and make it an accident. There was a party at our house. I told Alfred to kill them on their way back. And he did, but you survived. " He says, pointing at me.