12: Happiness is Sweeter When You Least Expect It

"Figured I'd find you in here."

Y/n leaned against the frame of the gym doors, watching as Ushijima stopped mid spike and landed on his feet upon hearing her voice

"Practicing without me, Wall-san?" The girl clicked her tongue and walked towards the cart, reaching inside for a volleyball.

The male shifted to her direction as he spoke, "I saw you were occupied with a fellow classmate of yours." Ushijima went for the ball he failed to spike as he continues, "I decided against disturbing you."

It was then Wakatoshi felt a slight pain against  his back. When he turned around, a volleyball laid in front of him at his feet and Y/n had her arm outstretched; almost as if she threw the ball.

It took him a second to realise that she did.

"You idiot, I was giving a guy from my Math class the homework. If you had 'disturbed' me you would have known that." Y/n explained, walking to pick up the ball she hit him with.

"Oh." he uttered softly.

It was then Y/n froze and Wakatoshi noticed this. She then smirked at the male," Is that why your play was sloppy?"

"You were watching me?" The male deadpanned, folding his arms at the female.

"I was, only because I realised you seemed to be bothered." said the girl, her smirk then turned into a grin. She poked at his chest slightly as she continued," Now I know why."

Ushijima blinked at the girl and looked to his chest where she was poking him; then he looked right back at her glistening e/c eyes, "Are you implying that I am jealous?"

"Uh-huh." the female stood confidently, her teasing expression not faltering even for a second.

"I have absolutely no reason to feel threatened, L/n." Wakatoshi stated, "You are delusional."

Y/n scoffed, "Oh yeah? Is that what you tell everyone that tells you the truth that you don't want to hear?" said the female, "That they're delusional?"

It was silent before the male sighed and walked to the horizontal white line of the court, "You are annoying me."

Y/n laughed at the male and shook her head, "Tell me something new." She took the ball from Ushijima and stood in the front row of the court, "Come on, I'll set to you."

The pair practiced for an hour before regular practice started; as they did everyday.

Because it was exam week, they hardly saw each other throughout the day; however, they'd always find time to practice.

She helped him with his spikes and movement, providing him with all the balls to do so. Here and there Ushijima would take the ball from her so he could set to her.

He could tell that Y/n desperately wanted to play and wanted that action on the court. He saw the passion in her and couldn't wrap his head around why Y/n was stifling herself from it.

Wakatoshi wanted to ask but he knew it wasn't his place; he had mentioned it before but all she said was that she had lost the love for it.

"No, L/n. You're doing it wrong." said Ushijima which caused the girl to stop in her actions, "You lead with your index finger when you are spiking the ball."

Y/n tried the motion once more to see if she was ready to try the spike with the ball which she was not.

"No, now you are extending your index finger too far. That is just pointing."

The female groaned and her hands dropped to her sides a bit harshly, "I don't know, Ushijima; I was never able to do a straight line shot!" she whined, slouching her back in defeat.