13: Beautiful Things On This Earth Cannot Be Seen; They're Felt By The Heart

The olive haired male slightly shook his head at the female who always sat in his seat. He wouldn't admit it but, her sitting there wasn't much of a problem anymore.

The male didn't feel anything towards it; he just let her have it and he would always settle for the seat in front.

"Your hair is a mess, L/n." Wakatoshi bluntly stated. This made Y/n drop her book and deadpan at the guy in front of her.

"You don't think I know that? I spent whole night studying for my exams today." She explained which was followed by a sigh.

Y/n didn't really expect a response from him, she knew that Wakatoshi knew his work. He was consistent in studying because he followed a schedule.

The male just merely blinked, there was silence between the two before he said, "I believe that you will do good."

Mao sensei spoke as he stood from his chair, he was previously dormant in, "This is just a reminder that Friday is the submission date for the project that I assigned last month."

If it wasn't for Wakatoshi's calm exterior, most people would question the shocked look on his face.

He had been on top of everything; his classes, his homework, his exams so how did this one project blip out of his mind?

The extra practice he had been putting in for the spring tournament had been affecting him in school more than he thought.

It has seemed to slip Y/n's as well if she didn't remind him of the project.

Ushijima wasn't really paying attention; he was more thinking of how they were going to get it done for Friday.

Each pair was assigned five questions total that was based on the play 'The Tempest' and the answer for each was supposed to be a minimum of two pages.

With all his calculations, he deemed it almost impossible to write that much within two days. Wakatoshi sighed and ran a hand down his face in mere frustration.

"Of course, you can hand it up before the deadline which some of you have done. I'll call the names to confirm the submissions." Mao sensei stated to his class before he messily ruffled through some papers on his desk; seemingly looking for a specific one.

When he found the desired page, the elder male started to list the early submissions.

Wakatoshi's eyes squinted in confusion when both his and Y/n's names were called. Though he wanted to question the girl now, he waited until the dismissal of class.

As Ushijima packed up his belongs, he saw the female already heading out. In quickening his pace, he slid a strap over his shoulder in a smooth motion before going after the female.

He saw her in the distance and questioned how she had reached so far ahead.

Y/n accidentally dropped the books in her hands, cringing as the stationary made contact with the floor.

She mumbled to herself as she knelt down to pick them up and to also inspect them, to ensure that none of the pages ripped or were bent.

In front of her were a trio of her fellow mates talking amongst themselves.

The girl paid them no mind though they were talking ridiculously loud for everyone to hear. However, when she heard Ushijima's name being used in the conversation, she couldn't help but slow her movements to listen.

"There's no way that L/n Y/n is with him." the male in the trio spoke, "Girls prefer to go out with someone who actually expresses emotions."

The other two just laughed in response when one of the girls replied, "Exactly. Ushijima is really good looking, but all of that doesn't matter if your only personality is volleyball."