12

Tonight is my date with Hendrix. It’s like it’s been a moment that’s been building up for so long. The snide remarks. The occasional flirting. And the want to see him everyday. I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. 

I buttoned up my shirt and styled my hair. It’s been so long since I’ve last been on a date. I’m a bit terrified I ain't going to lie. I’m fearful that anything could go wrong. The worst fear? Hendrix doesn’t show up and it was all a prank.

Luckily, when I reached the bookstore, it was open. I entered and looked around. It was dark but the third floor emanated a bright glow. I climbed the stairs and was met with a simple table with candles and a very sexy Hendrix waiting next to me.

“Never took you to be a romantic.” I said.

“I’m not.” He looked away, blushing. “But you deserve this for putting up with me.” He said. He turned to a chair and pulled it out. I took the hint and sat down. He then sat in his own chair which faced me. I looked down onto our table and saw plates with a steel cloche over it. 

“Voila!” Hen said when he pulled it off. It revealed a steak with asparagus and roasted potatoes. 

“When did you have time to make this?” I asked while awing at the food.

“I’m pretty good at cooking. Hope I can cook for you more in the future.” He said. 

“Easy, man. This is the first date.” 

The entire time I talked with Hendrix. He opened up more and told me a lot of facts about him. Some of it was vague, but I got a sense of who he is and how his life kinda was. I opened up to him too, told him about my family, education, that one time I auditioned for a play but was told I was horrible. The usual.

“Thanks for the date, Henny.” I said as we walked out the door.

“Henny?” He asked regarding my nickname.

“I think you could use a nickname.” He chuckled and played with my hair.

“Would you do me the honor of going on another date?” He asked.

“YES!” I eagerly said.

A perfect date.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3