Calamity

Morning came and I got woken up by mutterings from the living room at about 8am.

   I got up and sleepily made my way to the kitchen to grab a piece of bread and make my way to the living room.

   Everyone stopped muttering and stared at me as I took a seat, slowly eating my bread.

   "Whatcha muttering about so early in the morning?" I asked.

   They were silent for a long time before aunty said " Your parents they...they got into an... accident."

   My heart dropped. I immediately bombarded her with questions about their well being and what kind of accident happened.

   She looked down and said nothing but eventually uncle answered all my questions with one sentence.

   "They got in a massive car accident and they... they didn't make it." I practically stopped breathing.

   "N-No... This is some kind of sick joke isn't it? You're l-lying, right? Please tell me you're lying... p-please..."

   The silence told me everything.

   The bread in my mouth suddenly tasted like cardboard.

   My stomach dropped to the floor, I felt like throwing up, my eyes stung as if a bug bit me in my tear glands.

   I ran back into the guest bedroom and locked the door, I heard aunty say something in a worried voice but I blocked everything out.

   Thoughts and memories of my parents burst into my head. 'My parents, the first people who'd been genuinely kind to me for the first time in my two lives. They were so kind to me, they truly loved me... and I loved them too, I still do but... they're gone now, gone...'

   I let my body take over and curl up in a fetal position. The tears poured out like two waterfalls.

   My breathing becomes unstable and my mind blurred into a mess of memories.

   My body shook uncontrollably and sob into a pillow. Even though I know they know how I'm dealing with the news, I don't want them to hear me.

   For God knows how long I stayed there and sobbed uncontrollably. Eventually my eyes dry up, even though it still hurts, I ran out of tears to cry.

   I laid on the bed with my mind completely blank. I'm so tired I could barely form cohesive thoughts any more.

   I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty but I can't get up. All my energy disappeared into thin air.

   As I lay there, barely half conscious, someone knocked on the door.

   "Come in..." I managed and Mit-chan pops his head in awkwardly.

   "Do you want to uhh... go to the playground? Get some fresh air and get your mind off... things?"

   I honestly didn't but nodded anyway. I washed my face and put a hoodie.

   The playground is close by so we just walked. He tried to make conversation with me but I wasn't in the mood to answer properly.

   The entire thing is hella awkward. When we got to the playground, swinging lightly on the swing, I stayed silent.

   Mit-chan sits next me and we stayed in a silence that is neither awkward nor comfortable.

   After a while, I realize that it was really late. The sun is almost setting and I still haven't eaten or drink anything yet. Mit-chan must have realize this too so he stood up.

   "There's a convinence store nearby, do you want anything to eat? I have some change on me."

   "You don't have to..." I said but he shook his head.

   "You haven't really eaten anything all day, you need food. So, what do you want?" He gave me a warm smile.

   His smile made my heart ache "Whatever is fine."

   He nodded and took off.

   I stared blankly in front of me until I heard laughter and chatting.

   When I looked over, I saw a group of five older boys walking towards me, smirking.

   "Hey girly, whatcha doing out here all alone?" The seeming leader asked.

   "Minding my own business." They didn't seem satisfied with my response.

   "Hah?! Who the hell do you think you are to talk to us like that?!!" One of the lackeys yelled.

   I rolled my eyes "What else did you expect dumbass, you don't get respect from a stranger you met in a swing."

   Another lackey grabs my hoodie's collar and yelled in my face "Do you even know who we are bitch?!! You better give us the respect we deserve!!"

   I didn't resist at all "A bunch of pathetic dipshits that act all high and mighty while they're not?"

   He punched me in the face making my head roll backwards and I didn't pull up. It hurts like a bitch but I didn't care.

   "Not so sassy now are you?!!" He said it was if he did something revolutionary.

   I sighed "Still got a lot of sass left. You failed." Not sure why I was pissing them off even more but meh, I already dug my own grave.

   They, of course, proceeded to beat me up more.

   I'm really close to passing out when I hear a familiar voice "Hey! Why are you beating up y/n?! She didn't do anything to you!"

   '...no...'

   "Hah?! And who are you?!" The leader yelled.

   '... they're gonna beat him up...'

   "I-I'm here to protect her! So don't touch her!"

   '... Mit-chan, no...'

   "Hah! And what are you gonna do about it?!"

   They dropped me and headed over to Mit-chan.

   'Fuck, Mit-chan is gonna get beat up now... if only I wasn't so fucking pathetic.'

   'Hmm, you really are pathetic.'

   '... it's you...'

   'Glad you remember me, anyways you want to protect your precious Mit-chan right? I'll help you with that.'

   ' One, how and two, I've been trying to reach you again for years. Where have you been?'

   'One, I'll give you a wish. Two, good question, I'll answer it later.'

   'Wish?'

   'Yeah a wish. If you want to save these characters that you love so much you need to be less pathetic. The wish will help you with that.'

   'Can I wish for anything?'

   'Yeah but knowing you I already know what you want, just say it and it'll be granted to you.'

   'This feels like cheating...'

   'Sorta is, anyway. Say it, or do you want your beloved Mit-chan to get beat up more?'

   'Fine, I wish to be strong enough to beat up anyone who dares to hurt the people I care about.'

   'Good, now go beat those boys' asses!'

   'Alright, you better answer my question later.'