2 : The poison in my heart (1)

As I was thinking about the ancient power, I also thought that I should get some allowance too from father, since the way to get the Indestructible shield is to feed them with bread.

So I got up from bed, but then I stopped when I felt a pounding in my head, and I could feel my heart beats faster. It was then...

Cough!

Huh... Blood?!

Gosh that surprised me. Why did I suddenly cough blood? I was just fine a while ago, why now? Shit, this is bad, the blood came out of my nose and my mouth, and now it stains my dress! I can't go to the count with this condition. I wiped the blood with my dress, it already got stained anyway...

I reached the bell beside my bed and rings it to call the maids. One of the maid came so I told her to bring me a red wine, well the previous Calia loves drinking wine too, so it's normal, right?

As the maid excuses herself to get the wine, all the while negative thoughts starts feeling my mind about why the fuck did I cough blood suddenly.

Could it be that the chef poisoned me? But it couldn't be, the only chef that could serve my family is Beacrox, and I knew he's not the type to do those kinds of things, tho maybe Calia was always harsh on him, Beacrox could careless about her behavior.

So there's no way that Beacrox had poisoned me, I mean he has a crush on me, normal people wouldn't harm the person they like. That's when it hit me that none of Choi han's people are normal.

But still, I couldn't just accuse Beacrox, because it could be that Calia has some kind of illness. I mean, this is a fantasy world, so having illness that makes you cough blood is common things, right? hahaha...

There was a knock on the door, signaling that the maid has come with the wine I asked for. When I allowed her to come in, I saw from the corner of my eyes, she was trembling so much and looked pitiful. It really reminds me of my past where I would trembles a lot everytime I had to bring an alcohol to my uncle's office.

Beacrox said that she always throws tantrum, but had Calia ever hit people before that made the maid trembles so much?

I'm quite worried if she was an abusive person.

I told the maid to put it on my bed and shooed her away. I suddenly remembered that I need to change my clothes since this one was stained by my blood, also I really need to wear a simple dress this time! This dress is freaking heavy, how the fuck Calia did not gain a muscle from this?!

Oh before that, let me enjoy the best wine in the Henituse territory!

Pop!

Gulp...

As soon as I gulped down the wine, I could feel the burn in my throat and the sweet with a hint of bitterness of the wine. I could feel my body became a bit warm after a few gulps, my cheeks became a shade of pink from that.

Oh... This alcohol was quite strong, do Calia always drink this things while being sick? She's crazy...

There was about a half of alcohol left in the bottle, so without hesitation I began to pour the wine on my dress slowly, until it covered all the blood stain.

With that I call the maid once again to change my clothes.

"Ah! Give me a pair of simple suit instead, I'll be going out so just give me pants"

"Yes, young lady"

I got nervous seeing the confusion in the maid eyes, even so she still do as I told without any questions.

***

Today is the first march, I still have many days before Choi han's arrival, and by the time he arrive, I'd have already got the ancient power. Yay!

So now, here I am, in the slump where the ancient power was located. It was a lot of struggle to go out alone, that young ginger maid was trying to prevent me to go alone, I had to use my authority on her, it kinda made me feel bad, but I have to do it, I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing.

It'll be troublesome if someone else wants that power too.

"Ah!"

I throw the bag of breads and myself on the ground as soon as I reached the ominous looking tree. Damn, it was a lot of struggle. 

Shit, my heart was beating so fast as I started to cough. There was a smell of iron as something was dripping down my nose. I wipped down the blood as hard as I can with my hand, since I can't wipe it on my clothes, I'll just wipe the blood on the ground until there was no trace of blood left.

Maybe this girl is really sick, but I still can't believe despite being ill she still loves drinking so much. At this rate, I'm really afraid that I'll die sooner when I just finally got my freedom.

"Ha... Let's not think about dying"

I glanced towards the tree who keep letting out a black smoke. I already saw the black smoke coming out of the tree ever since I found it. It's weird tho, I don't remember the novel telling me that the tree was letting out a black smoke.

Well, hope this was the tree that I was looking for. I got up after my body started to relax, and as soon as I got up, I started to frown. Honestly, ever since I arrived at the slump, I felt like someone was watching and followed me, but I can't believe that they would follow me this far.

"Come out, I know you two were following me all along"

The two presence flinched as they were called out with a cold voice, they were two children. They were hesitating at first, the smaller child with a red hair called out to the older sister with the silver hair quitely.

"N-noona... What do we do?"

The silver haired girl push her younger brother behind her back as if to told him to stay in place. The girl then gathered her courage to come out from behind the wall. When she saw that the lady was going to the ominous tree, she was worried that she might get eaten by the tree. So maybe she could safe the lady before she get eaten by the tree and gave the bread in the bag as return. 

Calia observed the silver haired girl up and down, and silently watched the redhaired boy who still hide behind the wall. Both of them had an ugly clothes and they were dirty, taking notes that they were just a small homeless children.

they probably saw the bread that I brought and want me to gave them some.

While she unconsciously gave them a cold look which made them shudder.

"Y-you can't go near that tree!" 

Calia raised one of her brow and let out an amused sigh.

"Ho... "

"T-that tree... Is a man eater! You'll get eaten! Y-you'll die!"

The man eating tree, that's exactly the tree that I was looking for. I remember the story behind this man eating tree from the novel.

This ancient power was previously owned by a greedy priestess. She was excommunicated by her god and was kicked out of the church from her greediness over bread. When she died, this ominous looking tree grew on her grave.

Ha... It actually gives me goosebumps whenever I was reminded that this tree was kinda haunted.

Well, I'm still going to get that power anyway, besides I knew I won't die just from this ominous looking tree.

I smiled at the kid and took out two pieces of bread, then I wrap them before giving it to the girl.

The silver haired girl looked at Calia, confused, when Calia was giving her two bread.

"Give the other to your brother, and...

...I won't die"