Chapter 5 - Baking Lessons

(I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, BUT HERE IT IS- I'LL CHANGE THE PIC LATER- LOVE YA-)

Though unsure of what had woken him exactly – the empty feeling in the blankets beside him, sliver sunlight in his eyes, or the honest feeling of restedness through the night – Techno was rather confident in his waking having been due to the concerning bang and tumbling in the kitchen.

Quick to his feet, Techno ripped the blankets from overtop himself and rushed down the stairs. He had no time to properly wake and adjust to the morning feeling, mere panic fueling his sudden burst of energy as he made his way to the source of the sound.

"Ranboo!! What are you doing!?" he shouted, alarmed at the sight upon entering the kitchen.

The little Enderian turned around to the voice, stepping back a bit as he stood on the countertop, digging through the cabinets. He seemed happy to see the piglin, his tail swaying a bit as he smiled and reached out for them, not really realizing the very little space around himself and very little balance he had.

Techno saw every worst possible outcome of the scene as Ranboo reached out, only seeing the small thing leaning forward right off that counters edge. He sprung over with his arms out to grab the tiny thing, catching them in his grasp before anything bad could happen. Ranboo only giggled, having not actually fallen, but rather just snatched up in manner of what he thought was play.

"Ranboo, you can't go climbing on top of things, especially without me around!" Techno somewhat scolded, but not too harshly. "I told you, if even one thing happens to you and Phil finds out, he's turning me into pork chops for my own Hound Army, you hear??"

The enderling nodded.

With a gentle sigh, Tech slowly lowered them to the ground and let them down. There were pots and bowls everywhere, having been pulled from the cabinet and likely just fallen afterwards.

"What am I gonna do with you..."

"Tet'no," the little thing called out as he gently tug on the Piglin's shirt.

"Yeah?"

"Mau hung'y-"

Techno suddenly had the realization and remembered that taking care of a small living thing such as a child called for further care than just not letting it get hurt and making it sleep. He had to feed it too.

With the Hound Army, he could toss them some meat or let them out to hunt. Steve too only required the occasional fish dinner, or perhaps a rabbit. Edward didn't eat since actual Endermen had no need to. Even Tommy fed himself while he snooped around, taking what he needed when he needed, no need for Techno to have to worry about actively providing for anyone or anything.

He looked back down at the little Enderling, staring back innocently as he waited for a response.

"Well uh... " he trailed, not quite knowing how to go about the situation. "You want some uh..." he looked around the room, his eyes setting on a barrel, ears perking with an idea. "You want some gapples?"

The little thing tilted his head, curious at the idea.

Techno walked across the room, stepping over the numerous cookware that still littered the ground. "These are delicious, trust me. It's a little funny on the outside, but it's super sweet and healthy and stuff- healthy is good for little gremlin things. Tommy practically lived off them."

"Who Tommy?"

He reached into the top of the barrel grabbing a few of the golden apples from his collection before closing it again and turning back to the tiny.