Chapter 1

She looked up at the three-story building. A sign put in black and white 'LILY STUDIO'. She took a deep breath before placing her first foot, a tight grip on her luggage. A few steps in and she entered a hallway with shimmering, warm lights. Before she could figure where she was, a warm hand placed behind her shoulders. She turned instantly to see who it was leaving a fast, heavy breathing.

Cadeverous and frail. The warmth of her skin, long since drained, leaving only a sickly pale stain to decorate her rotting flesh. Spindly arms hung from her torso, long and bony, scarcely able to hold carry the weight of her skeletal hands. Everything about her was disturbing disproportionate.

"You must be Yumi"

Through sunken, black eyes, she stared into oblivion with a dead gaze. Slowly, her thin lips parted, and a vile grin crept across her decayed face, revealing a set of rotten fangs and black gums.

"Follow me" she whispered softly, barely audible.

The younger obeyed the lady. The lady led her into a not-so-spacious kitchen. Not gonna mention the messy kitchen.

"You must be hungry" the lady hurried walking towards the sink where the dirty dishes placed begged to be washed. The lady was quick enough to prepare a boiling hot bowl of Ramen despite her weak-looking body.

'Impressive' The younger thought

She placed her tush on the rusted stool and digged in the hot Ramen. She was definitely hungry.

"Your a good cook not gonna lie" she said while tasting every bit of the amazingly, tasteful dish.

"Thank you" the older smiled and waited for the younger to finish.

"Ok, now with the rules" the lady started after the younger gobbled up the last bit.

"If you didn't know the rooms are soundproof so it will be great having less speech in the night" the younger nodded to let the lady carry on.

"This floor is for the ladies and the second floor is for the males" she gazed at the younger once more " No one is allowed to walk pass the third floor" she said firmly. "You should know about the rent and stuff" the younger nodded as a 'yes'

"Anymore questions?" The lady asked leaning on the chair.

"Is there a balcony?" Yumi questioned.

"Well I don't know I can answer that because if you didn't know a lot of youngters had-"

"I smoke" Yumi cut off. The elder took a good look at the younger.

"Yes, there is but make sure not to visit the third floor" the elder warned.

Yumi gasped and stood up from the chair "Ok, thank u for the extremely delicious food" she smiled faintly "I think it would be great if I had my key"

The lady pulled out a rusted old key from her side pocket and handed the key to the younger.

"It's room no 4.. you will see it when u turn to your left side of the hallway"

The younger bowed and proceeded her way to long hallway.

Phone vibrates...

She pulled out her phone from her jeans to view a  message from her friend.

Sleepyhead:
Hey! Did you reach? (3 seconds ago)

Me:
Yes, just got in

Sleepyhead:
How is it?

Me:
Welcoming I guess

Sleepyhead:
Ok, good.. I will be picking you up tomorrow

Me:
Cool.. bye for now

Sleepyhead:
Bye.. sleep well

The younger sighed and put back her phone into her pocket.

She stands in front of the door which phrases 'Room No 4'.

She takes a deep breath and slightly pressed the door knob