CHAPTER 0 "THANTOPHOBIA"

THANTHOPHOBIA
(n.) the phobia of losing someone you love.

"Spread your legs." She orders, running her hand through her hair.

The boy tied with a blood-red rope swallows quickly and obediently spreads his legs still sitting on the edge of the bed. His eyes turn away and his cheeks are coloured a pretty pink. He can't cover his face to hide his shame as usual, because his hands are tied behind his back.

"Look at me Kallan." The boy's eyes meet the girl's and she smiles."What do you want?" She steps forward to stand between his legs.

"Eden..."

Eden slides her hands from Kallan's clothing-bare torso to his throat. With her index finger, she traces the outline of his jaw, never breaking eye contact. Kallan feels his heart pounding in his chest, it could soon explode. He wants her, all of her.

He loves it when she touches him, when she plays with his mind, with his heart, when she gets angry and sends him away. He loves her even when she kisses another guy because he gets on her nerves, he hates himself for liking that. He loves every side of her, even the bad ones. From her constant god complex to her complaining because she thinks she's drawn her eyeliner wrong.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

He also likes her dominant side. She's introduced him to facets of himself that he never would have discovered without her. Fuck. He wishes he could go back to that time when he hated her, when he never wanted anything to do with her.

"Kiss me, please." He almost sighs with relief that he was able to express his desire.

Her cat-like smile is back on her face, her exposed canines giving her this unique charm. Eden Grey is a fucking pretty girl. The girl leans in to his lips. Kallan closes his eyes as he feels the soft and warm sensation on his lips. A rush of feeling rises from his stomach to his throat when Eden uses her tongue to deepen the kiss.

He loves it too much. He loves her too much, loves their relationship too much. But he knows too well that she'll never do the same. Eden had warned him before, she doesn't date and won't change her mind.

Remembering that this moment is ephemeral and that all this will not last since he intends to confess to her, he pushes back his feelings for now, crushes them, trying to reduce them to nothing. And when she takes her lips off his, he feels the lack.

"Salty." Eden looks at his lips, her eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion. "Why are you already crying?" Her smile returns, as it always does. She wipes the tear on his cheek with her thumb. "I haven't even started yet."

Eden Grey isn't a good person. He was, he is sure of it.