✿24

Do you get déjà vu, huh?~

7 p.m.

The whole city became dark as the sun had already set in but got illuminated by the street lamps. Twinkling stars and a cresent sliver moon shone together up in the sky. The neighborhood where Jeno grew up was quiet, silent; street cats and dogs roaming around. The twenty-two-year old male sat on the sofa infront of his father who was glaring holes at his muscular figure. An aged woman came out from the kitchen and put two cups of tea with some snacks on the table. Jeno was back home which was situated at the side of Seoul. He didn't think to come back here like this but here he was, sitting infront of his parents as if he was put at a gunpoint.

"Where did you meet him?", a soft feminine voice asked.

"I told you that I had some work at the central area of the city. I went to the store to buy some stuffs for home and there I met him", his strict voice spoke.

"Jeno dear, you were back from USA but you didn't tell us. Why?", the mother asked.

Jeno swallowed his saliva and looked up through his eyelashes. He couldn't make any sentence to utter.

"Jeno, speak up!!!"

"Honey! Don't shout. Let me tell. Jeno, did you plan to surprise us that you are back?"

He shook his head. "No. I just didn't want to see you."

"What?! Jeno!!!" The man named Changwook raised his voice.

"What do you mean, Jeno?"

"Mom, Dad, honestly speaking thank you for making who I am now. But still I just- I just can't bring myself to love you again the same way I did before."

The parents kept quiet, letting the younger speak.

"I met Eunseo again."

The older couple's eyes became wide as they shared a look at each other. "You met her?" Her voice became shaking.

"Yes, I met her and believe me I couldn't look into her eyes without feeling guilty. And I solely blame you for this."

"She was a disgrace to this family. Why bring her up again?", his Dad said.

"No, she wasn't. She did nothing wrong. But you- YOU! You two just didn't treat her the way she deserved to be treated. I feel so ashamed to be called your son."

"Lee Jeno! Mind your language!"

"No, Dad! I can't anymore. And I didn't lie, you two never treated her like you did with me. There was always a partiality that I noticed. You treated me better than her. Why? Because I am a boy?"

"No, we treated both of you equally."

"Liar. You are lying,  Mom. There was a thin line of difference the way you treated us. I think you never loved her in the first place. Otherwise why would you have to kick her out of the house?"