V

We went out of the building to go look for food, I could talk for the three of us when I say that we were starving.
I took me for about 20 seconds to find three wolves running around.
Then (with no pleasure) I grabbed an arrow and stuck it on the wolf.

My mom always said that hunger can drive you to do crazy things. I guess it does.
I would never stake a wolf without hesitating.
"But you just did though..." I heard Peet said.
"What did you say?" I asked.
I turned around and there was no one. I had to get back to the building and start eating.

I was just normally walking to get there when the floor started shaking and I tripped. Everything was blurry but I could see a pink fog getting closer to me.

I took a minute to stand up and the fog had already passed me. "Damn this hurts!" It felt like the fog was breaking all my bones and giving me instant headaches. I skilled ran and got to the building in 10 seconds, with the wolves meat my pocket.

"God Aspen, what happened to you? You look pale." Peet said.
I felt so ill, I was pale and sweating but each second it passed, it slowly went away.
Thomas gave me some water. 2 minutes later I was all fine.
"You good now?" Thomas asked.
"Yeah I am okay, a pink fog got me bad." I replied.
"A pink fog? How s-" He didn't end the sentence.
"Aspen your green bar, it went down to 71." Peet said.
"What?" I looked down to my vest, he was right! That pink fog had actually hurt me.
I knew it! You can't let that fog catch you, it starts with an earthquake.

We starting sharing our opinions about it while cooking the wolves meat. I took a few bites, it wasn't so bad.

"Aspen watch!" Thomas said pointing at my vest.
"My bar went up to 92!" I exclaimed.
"So basically that's our live? What if it goes down to zero?" Thomas asked.
We all went silent when Peet said "You die." Always him breaking the silence with a mysterious sentence.

We finish eating the wolf and saved some for later. I was feeling real thirsty but I was ashamed to ask for water because I had a drink few hours ago.

"Is any of you thirsty?" Peet asked and Thomas and I both nodded.
"Drink this." He said pulling 3 blue liquids out of his pocket.
"When did you find the other two?" I asked.
"During the weapon hunt." He replied.

It was after drinking it that I started thinking if it maybe was a trap, if it was poison. But it had been a few minutes and nothing had happened.

"You guys, check out your vests." Thomas said.
I took a look at my vest and my blue bar went up to 25.

"What does that mean?" I asked.
"I believe is some kind of protection, like extra life." Peet replied.
"You mean like a shield?"
"Yeah, shield."