VII

"God Thomas." I said, staring at all the blood in the floor. "Player 43 eliminated, cause: shot. Distance: 2 meters." Said the vest's speaker. I turned to look at Thomas, he was looking at the floor, not breathing, just paralyzed. I went on to hug him and he just let me. I took a look at Peet's face and he was looking at us with a face that I couldn't read.
Thomas had shot his best friend.
He once mentioned him and all the fun things they would do together. How they were born on the same day and have been celebrating their birthday together since they were 4. I felt so bad for him, I couldn't even imagine what he was feeling like.
Tears started falling from his eyes and when he got on his knees was the moment of realization. I was still hugging him but tighter now. He tried to let out the pain by screaming but as sorry as I was for him, I had to cover his mouth. He kept crying silently. I didn't know what to do, I just didn't.

Suddenly, I started to cry too, not because Thomas had killed his best friend, because these kids are never coming home. The pain of their mothers, this isn't fair. We are too young.

Then, I start to hear steps. Its two other people, they were standing by the door looking at their dead teammate. When they saw us they pointed a gun at me.

"Dude, it's fine you don't have to do that." Said Peet. I wasn't really scared, I was empty. I wasn't feeling anything. Like when you hit your head really hard and it's just a blur, no pain, your kind of just dead.

"You killed him!" Said a girl behind the guy.
"No, I mean yes but listen we thought he was going to kill us, you don't have to do this."
"Do it." I say, and he loads the gun, when he did, I wasn't there anymore. I was holding the girl by the neck with a gun on her head.
"You either have two options, you join us, or she dies, along with you." When I pronounced those last three words, Peet pointed a gun at him.

I don't know what got into me, I guess the tension of the moment? I didn't care, I knew that it was still me, the girl who couldn't pull that trigger. As long as I'm still that girl, I'm fine.

"Help me." Said the girl struggling to talk and trying to release herself from my arms.
"Okay, we'll join you, just leave her." He said and I released her. I knew they wouldn't make a move against us, that wouldn't be smart considering that Peet was still pointing at him with the gun.

"So, what are your names?" I ask.
They both look at me and roll their eyes. I guess it was kind of psychotic that 10 second ago I threatened to kill her and now I'm peacefully talking to them.

We are all siting on the floor when the girl said "I'm Daria, he is Billy." "Aspen, Peet and Thomas." I responded, and that was all we said in the last hour.

"Guys we should probably go." Thomas said. I had forgotten about him until he talked, I looked at him in the eyes, that spark of excitement and happiness he always had going on in his eyes was gone. "Why should we? We are safer in here." Said Daria. "No, I mean it. Aspen, its the fog." Then is when I feel the earthquake. No, not again. "Guys come on let's go!" I said. "Wait what fog?" Billy asked. "We'll explain it later, trust me." I grabbed Daria by her arm and ordered Peet to grab Billy's. We ran away as far as we could from the fog. Where are we?

I noticed that my feet were wet along with my shoes, we had passed the river, our surroundings were completely different, we were now in the streets, buildings all around us and even shops. What the hell?
"Current location: Tilted Towers." Our vest vibrated. "Wait, what the hell is going on? Do any of you care to tell us?" Daria asked. "When we were out hunting we saw a pink fog catching to us, once you are in it, it hurts, badly. It all starts with an earthquake, and when I was in it, my bar went down to 71 and felt real ill." I answered. "They do it so we'll find the other trios I guess, to make it quicker." Peet added. "Oh god, thanks I guess, we'd be dead by now if it wasn't for you." Daria said to Peet. For you? How so? I saved her, not him.

He turned to look at her with a suspicious face, then our eyes met and he smirked.