4.) Freefall

"Have fun at your moonlight conjuring," I tell Luz as I open the door.

  "Moonlight conjuring? What moonlight conjuring? I'm not doing anything I'm not supposed to do!" She quickly defends but is clearly lying. I can see Willow and Gus hiding in a bush right here.

  "Dude, it's fine. Just be careful, I'm gonna be gone for a few hours so have fun." I smile before shutting the door behind me. "Hey, Willow. Hey, Gus."

  "Hey." They both whisper from the bush.

  I didn't even want to go to this party, to be honest. I felt like I had to invite Hunter somewhere to make up for being an asshole. But to be fair he's an asshole too. Maybe things wouldn't be so weird between us if he started acting normally. One second he's a big jerk and then the next he's trying really hard to be cool.

  I hop on Mackie to fly to the party. It's supposed to be one of the biggest of the year. Luckily none of my friends are going. Usually, that would mean I wouldn't go either but it's a good thing today so they won't meet Hunter. And so I don't have to face the embarrassment of having to leave them to talk to Hunter. Wow, that was actually kind of mean. Maybe I should work on that.

  I finally land in front of the house where tons of people are entering. Music blasts from the inside and there's even a fight on the side of the house with people chanting. I cross my arms and wait to see blondie show up. He always has great timing, I'll give him that. My foot starts to tap as the wind starts to pick up. The slightest chill comes over and it's surprisingly nice.

  I take a deep breath and look around at the scene again. The party is tonight so the underclassmen will be at their moonlight conjurings and not sneaking in. It makes sense, even if it is the slightest bit neurotic. But some of these people here hate underclassmen more than anything. It's kind of hilarious.

  "I'm here! I'm here." Hunter lands quickly in front of me before tucking his staff away. "I had to go slower since the winds are picking up quickly."

  "It's fine. Ready to go in?" I ask and try to smile at him.

  "Ready. But I've never been to a party so..." He says awkwardly.

  "Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a great time." I give him a thumbs up.

  "Lead the way." He smiles.

  "I'm surprised you showed up, blondie. I figured your uncle would flip if he found out you're here." I laugh while starting to walk in with him beside me.

  "He doesn't exactly know I'm here. He thinks I'm at a bookstore." He shrugs.

  "That makes sense. You don't seem the rule breaker type." I tell him.

  "I'm not. Not at all." He laughs and successfully makes me laugh too. "What? You told me to show you the real me!"

  "I'm gonna go get us something to drink. Stay right here." I laugh as we enter the house.

  "Stay right here, you got it."

  Hunter || The Golden Guard

  They're so cocky all the time. But she is starting to warm up to me. That's exactly what I need for this to work. But doing this feels wrong, gross even. It's manipulative and mean. Especially because they aren't as bad as I originally thought. Annoying? Totally. But not a bad person.

  A lot of people pass by with excitement and smiles. No one is ever this happy in the castle. Not even the head witches. Which is surprising because they can get away with pretty much anything. Probably even murder. I stay waiting for Y/N exactly where they left me. I see her start walking back when I almost get tackled by a teenage girl.