12.) The Fear-bringer

"Y/N! Just the witch I wanted to see!" Luz says from the doorway.

"She's just been living in her uptown world, you know? I bet she's NEVER had a backstreet guy." I mindlessly respond as music blasts in my room. Luz then walks over and turns it down.

"What are we talking about?" She asks.

"She'll see I'm not so tough just because I'm in love with an uptown girl." I move on to speaking the lyrics instead of singing.

"Can you afford to buy her pearls?" Luz leans against the doorway.

"No. But maybe someday when my check comes in, sh-"

"You've distracted me! That's not why I'm here. I'm here because I need a really big favor. It would mean everything to me." She smirks.

"What do you want? I'm not taking you to see that Shark-odile movie if that's what it is." I laugh.

"I need you to take Amity's place as Grom royalty," Luz says with a smile.

"No."

"WHY?" She gasps. "You're one of the if not, the strongest witch at Hexside! Look at where we live!"

"There's no way I'm going, not anymore," I mumble. "Why does it have to be me anyways? She has siblings of her own, why don't they take her place? Grom is stupid anyways. What's the point of picking underclassmen to battle grom when there are older and more experienced kids?"

"I don't know why they won't take her place. I would take a younger sibling's place if I had one. But anyways, if you dislike the morals or whatever of grom so much, why don't you do it?" She tries again.

"Ask me again next year, I'm still not the oldest at school. Ask a senior." I shrug.

"What about your friends? Sasha seems like a straight-shooter." She suggests.

"Unless you want the gym to be covered in spiders, probably not." I laugh.

"Then there's no other option. I'll do it! I mean, I already told Amity I would anyways." Luz sighs.

"You what? No, no, you can't be grom queen!" I sit up.

"Why not?"

"You can't be grom queen for your first grom, that's a death wish." I try. "What are your fears anyways?"

"Why don't you come outside and find out? I'm about to start training!" She asks.

"Is that why Hooty was screaming earlier?" I ask.

"No, that was something sort of unrelated." She shrugs. "Come on!"

I let her lead the way out of my room and to the stairs. She walks fairly quickly do and the stairs as Hooty cries from outside. I follow down quickly and she throws open the door to see the Blight's outside.

"Y/N!!! I've been injured!" Hooty cries loudly as I walk outside.

"I'm sorry, do you want a flower for your...fur?" I ask awkwardly.

"Yes please." He nods.

"Okay." I clear my throat before conjuring a small rose on top of his head.

"Thank you, my lord." He sniffles.

"Not the Bridgerton shit again," I mumble before turning around.

"Hey, Y/N." The twins say at the same time with matching smirks.

"Don't even say anything." I shake my head as my cheeks flush completely.