19.) Mind of Mine

HOLLOW MIND

Y/N Clawthorne || The Witch

"And they started crowd-surfing! Can you believe it?" I ask Luz as she sits behind me on my staff as we fly to the night market.

"I can believe, you've told me this story like twelve times today. Is the fame getting to your head?" Luz jokes.

"Of course not, I'm humble as ever." I smile.

"You were the same person who started waving your snails in the air this morning when you got paid for last night's gig." Mom adds from her staff beside us.

"You weren't complaining when I bought you those three sparkle pens." I shrug.

"What can I say? It's the little things that make me happy." Mom shrugs.

"I hate the night market. We should just go home." I suggest.

"We're like three minutes away, it'll be a quick trip." Mom sighs.

"Quick trip my ass. You still like to look at every single stand as if you've never been here before." I laugh.

"Hey, at least I don't buy anything." Mom smirks. "We're here, land quietly and don't touch anything."

I touch ground with Luz quicker than Mom and King. She excitedly hops off before I do too and put my staff away. It seems like Luz is always excited about something. I walk further, ahead of everyone else to find Prim's. It's close, maybe Mom was right. We should be home in no time.

"I better hide, you never know what could pop out at the night market." King grabs a walkie-talkie from Luz before scurrying off.

"Let's hope ol' girl is in there today," Mom sighs as we approach the door. "Hello? Prim? Did you get into the Night Juice again? Hello?" She sings out.

"Is this thing on? Demon King to Luzura, you copy?" King's voice comes through the walkie.

"Sure do!" Luz turns to her left and calls out to King. King then pops out from a tub filled with skulls.

"Use the walkie!"

"Oh, uh, right. 10-4, Demon King. Luzura here with Echo, Delta, Alfa, and Charlie Echo Lima Echo Bravo. What's your 20? Over." Luz smiles.

"Celeb? Really?" I laugh.

"Yeah, of course." She shrugs.

"Uh, oh. Uh... Hable más lento, por favor." He says unsurely.

"Aw, you remembered your lesson. But that wasn't Spanish, buddy. I read you loud and clear! Over." Luz laughs.

"Hey, Prim!" Mom bangs on the glass panel again until someone finally opens the door. "Ah, there you are. I need more witch's wool. I got a kid with cold shoulders and a knack for gettin' into trouble."

"The shop is closed, Eda. I've... finally decided to join a coven." Prim shows us an Oracle Coven sigil on her wrist. "Emperor Belos says wild witches celebrate destruction and...pain."

"I mean, I know I can be...abrasive, but-"

"He also says that the Titan punishes those who aid wild witches. I can't have you here." Prim says before she shuts the door. Luz glances over at Eda, then becomes angry so quickly.

"Well, what does he know? Belos is a liar. He just wants power!" She bangs on the door. "And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he can't speak to the Titan!"

Suddenly, everyone around gasps. They start talking amongst themselves about everything Luz just said. It makes them even more curious and nosy than before.