Rookie Mistake, You Should Keep A Calender For Next Time

Shen Qingqiu should have known something was wrong when he started feeling a bit weird that morning, everywhere in Huan Hua Palace feeling warmer than it usually does and his body feeling a bit weaker. He should have picked up on the weird following glances the alphas were giving him, one even commenting on his scent. He should have associated these symptoms with how about a month had gone by since he got there, and how he never felt his heat coming.

He had forgotten about it! But how was he supposed to suddenly remember when it is supposed to come when all he ever had were rut, which was also rather easy to deal with? With all that had happened and how he was just trying to survive in the Huang Hua Palace he had forgotten this was part of his new reality.

He had panicked, unsure what to do now that it had started, quickly going back to his room so he wouldn't attract anyone. It was far away enough from the main hall to not bother those here, alphas nearly never coming to the omega section of the dorms, unless maybe if they had a mate there.

He was trying to remember what the others were doing when it was happening, yet all he could think of was them knowing it was coming and just going out the Palace to be left alone through it, or maybe join a mate who knew. He also vaguely remembered some mentioning that when it happened, they would go to one of the farthest rooms in the domain, that room now nearly dedicated to this purpose.

But now all he could do was hide in his room, hoping no one would come to him because he doubted his body would let him fight back. The first time it happened he had been a bit scared, but at least he was in the middle of nowhere with no population close to him. Right now, he was stuck inside with many alphas that would very much be affected. How could he not be scared when his body barely wanted to listen to him in this situation?

He couldn't tell for how long he sat in the corner of his room, praying that no one would come to bother him, just wanting to be left alone until it was all over, not daring to even try and relived his burning body just in case it would cause for his scent to spread even more.

He was scared by one of the first things he was ever warned, which was "don't you dare try and seduce Luo Binghe". What if others were going to believe he didn't go away just to lure him in? What if Luo Binghe thought he did it on purpose? He "wasn't" Shen Qingqiu, he couldn't get away with everything he did and he was still unsure how the Demon Lord felt about Huang Hua. What if it wasn't good enough to overlook this situation?

He wondered where he had ever seen this kind of panic, then realised it was when he was still the Qing Jing Peak Lord. He would remember the panic some of his younger omega disciples had in their first heat, not knowing what to do and scared. He would always try to soothe them a bit, leading them to the small house that had been built just for that, under his request. He would assign someone to look over them to make sure everything is alright, obviously never an alpha.

This is what he felt like, panicked because it was still strange and unfamiliar, unsure what he could do to deal with it, other than find a mate, which he was not ready to do in any way. So all he could do was try to repress his scent, which was not something his body seemed to agree with and not something he really knew how to do either.

He could probably try to relieve himself by touching himself like he did in the past, but he was pretty sure this would only makes his situation worst than it already was. He wasn't far enough from everyone for his scent to not just attract anyone and getting all excited would only make it more dangerous for him. With his body unable to fight back, it wouldn't be the time to try this.

He tensed when he heard the door open, looking up only to pale when he saw who came in. His eyes caught Binghe's one, seeing how his pupil suddenly dilated. This sent him into more panic, trying to back himself off in the corner even more than he already was doing, hugging his legs close to him.