6: BLOOD LOSS

After Salem drops Zona off at her house, he goes back to his and does some homework before the whole truck-jump-ordeal. He doesn't do all that much, mostly because he's a bit distracted from the excitement and nerves of tonight.

At around eleven PM, he drives down to the grocery store. It's quite late and dark, but Cam wanted to wait for the store to close. Upon arrival, Salem finds that everything has already been set up. The ramps are facing each other, and they appear quite sturdy.

The old car, which looks partially crushed, is in between the ramps, and there is a little platform built beside it for Salem to sit on while he records.

Salem parks his Camaro a good distance away, not wanting to risk it getting caught in the carnage if something goes wrong. When he gets out of his car, he spots Milo and Cam speaking beside the truck. He makes his way over to them, already feeling a bit tired. Once he reaches them, Cam doesn't even greet him, he just starts giving him the run down of everything that's about to take place.

"Okay, so you're going to be on the platform and you will film it when it's approaching, then duck when it's over you and catch that too. Milo, you're going to be filming from over there," Cam points over to an area that's about twenty feet from the whole set up, but has a pretty good view of it.

Salem shrugs.

Cam gives Salem his phone, and Salem walks over to the platform. He climbs up on top of said platform, situating himself on his knees so he can see over the car. He rests his arms on top of it, despite the fact it's not very stable, camera in hand. They aren't turning on the headlights, so that it doesn't blind the camera. Therefore, Cam has to rely entirely on the street lamps to see everything.

Salem's attention is drawn when Cam starts up the truck. He sees the guy stick his hand out the window, holding up three fingers. Then two, then one...

Next thing Salem knows, the truck is coming at him full speed. He's lucky he's done stuff like this before, or seeing a huge truck driving towards him at 80 miles an hour would probably send him into cardiac arrest.

He starts rolling the camera, the truck getting closer and closer. Salem actually does find himself feeling a bit nervous, especially when it crosses his mind that the ramps could break.

Yeah. If the ramp in front of him breaks, Salem's done for. That would be a pretty cool way to die, though.

Seconds later, the truck finally reaches the ramp. Thankfully, it holds up. Salem knew he shouldn't have doubted Milo, he has the best materials and experience for this kind of thing.

Salem ducks just in time, almost laying down while he points the camera upwards. He's able to get a pretty decent shot, and the lighting actually makes it look really cool. It's a great moment, until the truck lands on the second ramp. It was clearly not built to withstand the weight of several tons landing on it with force.

So, it breaks. Salem's eyes widen, because the truck isn't completely over him yet. He rolls to the side, but there isn't much space since the car blocks him. The back wheel of the truck catches the edge of the platform, where Salem had previously been. Thankfully it doesn't launch Salem far, since it really only caught the very edge. Still, he falls just enough so he lands in the middle of all the jagged, wooden ruin of what used to be a ramp.

He films that, too, and he knows for a fact it looked awesome. He was able to hold onto the camera the whole time, and mostly center it on the truck.

It falls out of his hand when he lands, though. Again, in the middle of all the broken wood and bent nails. He lands almost entirely on his left side, but the only place he really feels pain is his arm.