PART 2

stale·mate
(noun)
a situation in which further action or progress by opposing or competing parties seems impossible.

Taking place 3 1/2 years in the future, many things have changed, but far too much has not. Astren City, and all surrounding area, have the highest crime rate in the northern part of the country. Dozens of crime families constantly trying to take the throne, as well as corruption lurking around every corner, do not aid in that fact at all.

Salem Heart's father, Jack Heart, used to be the Astren City Chief of Police. However, he was shot to death, and it was then framed as a suicide. Salem has always been loyal to the law. He was raised by it, and upholding it was his future career aspiration. Then, the system he had so much faith in, failed him.

His reasoning has changed now. Now, he wants justice. Now, he will stop at nothing to bring down the corrupt system that took his father away. He knows what he wants, and he will make sure he gets it. Determination unmatched, rage and fury and betrayal fueling his every move, Salem will make it happen.

Salem has new goals now, which is why he no longer thinks about the past. This includes his ex and what could've been. He doesn't care, it doesn't bother him at all anymore. He's moved on—not with someone else, but with his own life. Atlas Di Angelo doesn't mean anything to him anymore. Nothing does.

It's all black and white.

Until he gets caught in the grey.

[] [] []

!!PLEASE READ!!

Alriiiighhhtt onto part 2!! How are we feeling?? I'm so excited. Like I'm seriously so excited oh my god

This is actually a semi important authors note because I want to clear up any misconceptions y'all could develop from the rest of the book, or I guess just the book as a whole.

Although I do know quite a bit about police work due to the fact that I grew up around it, I'm still a civilian!! I don't know everything, and it won't all be accurate. For the rest of the book, police will be quite prominent and written in detail but I don't want you guys misinterpreting anything. I will probably mess some things up and there will be inaccuracies. I also exaggerate and twist some things on purpose for the sake of the story.

Also, the job involves seeing a lot of bad things, which I will mention but I will try not to get too detailed. I do my best to keep my books pretty upbeat so it shouldn't be too big of a problem, and I will add the appropriate warnings to the book description as I go.

Anyway I'm not perfect and there will be honest mistakes, if you see those feel free to correct them in the comments. Also please do not let this book affect anything about the way you view police/society/crime in real life. Basically I want you guys to treat this as fiction!! Because it is.

Okie dokie now that that's out of the way on with the story—————>>>>

~alyssa