The Melancholia of a Rockstar

1972

"Atsushi, study hard at school, okay? Your brother is there to look after you," their mother advised.

"Mmm!"

"Hiroshi, you take care of your brother?" said their father.

"Yes father"

"Atsushi, I'm looking after you at school; if someone fights with you, bring it to me; I'll handle it; I'm your big brother, therefore I'll always protect you."

"Yes brother"

"Hey Hiroshi I don't want you to fight with anyone. There's no good in fighting."

"Yes father."

"Your school bus is here. Take care!"

 いってきます

Im going

Atsushi grew up quietly, whereas his brother Hiroshi was extroverted. Atsushi is frequently teased at school for being shy. His peers frequently bully him. As a result, Hiroshi usually engaged into fights in order to defend his brother. As a result, the father often chastised Atsushi because Hiroshi became violent. Because their father favors Hiroshi than Atsushi. However, their mother prefers Atsushi.

Their life at home was difficult, especially after their father's company fell down. Rather than seeking for a new job, he became an alcoholic. Atsushi's minor gaffes always irritate their father. His older brother, on the other hand, despite being constantly involved in school fights, never scolded him.

"You will build our honor, Hiroshi one day." 

"Atsushi and I will do it"

"I don't trust your brother. I have a lot of trust in you." as he patted it on the shoulder.

They had no idea Atsushi had heard it all. He had the impression from an early age that his father did not love him. After hearing what his father and brother were discussing, he dashed to their room. And Hiroshi was aware of it. He followed him into the room.

"Don't get it wrong, Atsushi. He's simply drunk."

"Father does not love me."

"Don't even think about it; he adores you. Father is just having a hard times. In fact, as the eldest, I bear a great deal of responsibility. So don't even consider it. We adore you. I cherish you and will look after and protect you always."

"Is it true, brother?"

"Without a doubt. Besides my favorite brother is you."

"I'm your only brother you have. Nothing else."

"Hahahahahahahaha. You got me."

"Tomorrow I will take you to my hangout by the river."

"Really brother?"

"Yes but don't be loud because only you and I know that."

"Alright brother."

"Oh, go to sleep and we'll be early tomorrow, ok."

"Promise?"

"Yes. So go to sleep."

They used his older brother's bicycle to ride to the river after class. He was riding on its back. He was overjoyed when he felt the cool breeze on his face. Hiroshi felt the same way. Hiroshi let go of the steering wheel and raised his hand, screaming. And Atsushi soon followed. A motorcycle suddenly passed in front of them. That's when Hiroshi saw they were approaching an intersection.