The tears of a Bereaved

As Atsushi walked, he couldn't get the kid he met by the river out of his head.

"How is he? I hope that kid is eating something, or maybe someone adopted him," it says.

He walked past a park. He was sitting on a swing. He tried to shrug all of his thoughts away. His body was exhausted, so he chose to rest here first. But no matter how hard he tries, the memories of that keep returning in his mind, things he doesn't want to go back.

"I'm scared, brother."

"I'll figure something out."

"I didn't mean it at all, brother."

"I understand; let's go home."

"How about him, though?"

"I'm not sure."

Hiroshi grabs the bloodstained knife and throws it into the river.

"Take your clothes off, Atsushi."

Atsushi undressed immediately. Hiroshi grabbed it and began cleaning it in the river. He urged Atsushi to bathe in the river after noticing no blood on his clothes.

"Come bathe in the river with me to get rid of all the blood in your body."

"It's freezing out there, brother."

"I know, but we must."

They eventually chose to return home. Because their father was still at work and their mother was out shopping for groceries, there was no one at home. They immediately removed their clothes and had Hiroshi wash them to eliminate any remaining blood traces. They also bathe together. They then treated each other wounds.

"You won't tell anyone about what happened earlier. Do you understand me"

"But, brother"

"You must keep your mouth shut about what is happening; whatever happens, never speak of it."

"But, brother..."

"What the heck, Atsushi! Listen to me. You have to be silent for this family, for me."

"I understand, brother."

"Forget what happened from now on."

"Yes, brother."

It was dinnertime, and the family was eating together when their mother saw Hiroshi's face wounds.

"You got into another fight, Hiroshi," it said kindly. 

"When will you learn that fighting is pointless; your brother can follow you," she said to Atsushi. 

"Are you also going insane?" she asked, seeing that Atsushi had bruises on his face.

"I'm not happy with what you're doing; do something about it, Tadashi."

"They are grown, and they understand what is good and evil."