White Tailed Etherial Dragon Tattoo

Proof that I can shelf a project and bring it to a magnificent finish months later

Proof that I can shelf a project and bring it to a magnificent finish months later. Actually I think it's been almost a year because I specifically remember starting the face while watching the ritual with PSOC (Outdoor club) for Halloween spooky time.
This beast took inspiration from a few different animals, wolf and lion to get the desired snarl but I tried to primarily incorporate the look of a white tailed deer. I used the look in the nose antlers and fluff as well as using the markings to dictate where to put the scales on the face. This is also why I chose not to shade the lower part of the tail to try to give it a whiter look. My dad was a big hunter back in the day and his first tattoo took a lot of inspiration from his days hunting as an archer. I wanted to continue that theme. I was struggling deciding what to do with the gap in the body to go around the original tattoo when my boyfriend suggested taking a look at the ethereal race from world of Warcraft. I think it adds an extra layer of interest to the piece as a whole.
I've never completed a piece with stippling (using dots for shading) but I'm really happy about it. Almost makes up for the time it took to dot in every shadow.