Chapter Three

Unedited***
                 My whole body froze as I stared at the owner of the voice in horror. There she was in really short shorts and a crop top. Her face was covered with smudged makeup and her hair was a bit messy. It was none other than Sophia Cullen's, the meanest, most popular and bitchiest person in school. She and her two friend Kim and Tiffany are basically the sluttiest people I know. They've slept with every good looking guy I know. So I'm not surprised by this.
               She placed her hands on her hips and glared at me wait for a reply. I opened my mouth to say something but I just couldn't. The sound of footsteps coming from the stairs draw my attention and I could feel my heart skip a beat. But not in the good kind of way. Nicolas.
              His eyes were trained on mine the whole time as he slowly descended the stairs. He was clad in grey sweats and his hair was damp. He looked between the both of us unamused.
             " Why are you still here?" He asked Sophia and her eyes widened.
              " W-What?" She seemed confused by his question.
                 " We're done. What else do you want?" He asks ignoring her glare.
                " But we-"
            " Leave. Now." He says interrupting her. Sophia balls her fists but doesn't say anything. She soon stumps her way towards the door but stops right in front of me. The glare she sends me is enough to have me wishing I were somewhere else.
              " I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She whispers.

Kill me now.

            She stomps her way towards the door and bangs it so hard I cringe at he sound. I'm so dead. My eyes remain trained on the door for a while longer before I realized who else is in the room. I turned towards the stairs and nearly faint when I see him walk towards me. I get up and take a few steps backwards in fear of what he'd do to me once he reaches me. With each step forward, I take one back. We continue this way till my back hits the wall.
                Once he's close enough I try to run but he places his hands on each side of me trapping me between them. I look at my feet, unable to make eye contact. My nostrils were filled with his cologne and I felt my whole body heat up. I don't like this. At all.
               " Why are you here?" His cold voice asks sending a shiver down my spine.
           I peek at him from under my eyelashes. He's not happy.
            " I...uhm...I'm your babysitter." I stammer getting goosebumps from his cold gaze.
            " I don't need one so you can save yourself the trouble and get out." He says.
                My head snaps up and I meet his unfriendly gaze. I gulp nervously tucking a stubborn strand of hair behind my ear.
                 " I c-can't." I tell him, surprised by my own voice. He remains silent but soon moves backwards.
               " Make me something to eat." He says and I frown. What?
               " You're babysitting me aren't you? Make me something to eat. I'm hungry." He says and leaves for the stairs. Oh.
               Taking a moment to collect myself, I make my way over to the kitchen and take out some spaghetti and some necessary ingredients. I am his babysitter. So I guess I have to take care of him...and do what he says.

               I look at the two plates if spaghetti and meatballs in front of me. I'm not a bad cook. I love cooking actually, I just don't cook much. Content with how attractive my dinner looks, I make my way up the stairs and towards the room where that happened. But it was...empty. Where could he have gone?
            I looked around and saw light coming from another room. I slowly make my way towards it and knock a few times.
              " Come in." I hear his voice say. I open the door and find myself in a while different room. It was a combination of white, black and grey and seemed surprisingly neat for a guy's room. So this is his room?
                  There he was on his bed, typing away on his laptop. His damp hair was falling down his forehead and over his eyes. His deep blue eyes were trained on the screen and he seemed to take whatever he was doing seriously.
              " When you're done staring will you tell me why you're here?" He says and my cheeks heat up. How embarrassing.
             " Uh...food is ready." I tell him and leave.
                 I place the food on the glass table and take a seat. Nicolas joins me soon after. I watched as he takes a bite out of it. He doesn't say anything and I'm thankful. I expected him to do way worse. I soon dig in too. We are in silence, a comfortable one too.
                When he's done, he get up and heads towards the stairs again. Not even a thank you? How nice of him. I quickly finish up my plate and clear the table. There's really nothing to do now so I return to the couch and scroll through Instagram.
                 The sound of the door jingling grabs my attention and I frown. It soon opens and Lilian and her husband walk in. Oh thank goodness. The baby boy in her arms was asleep and much cuter. Her husband takes him and walks upstairs.
            " Welcome back, Lilian." I say and she smiles.
              " Thanks hope. I assume everything went well while we were gone?" She asks and I nod.
             " Wonderful. I'm glad Nick didn't throw any tantrums or get into a fight with the neighbors again." She smiles. What?
               "Thanks again, Hope. Here you go." She says handing me 400dollars. My eyes widened at the notes.
              " Uhm...you're supposed to only give me a hundred." I chuckled nervously handing her 300. She waves it off and chuckles.
              " It's a tip. A thank you tip. Nothing's broken,like most times." Broken?
           " Oh,Well okay then. Goodnight Lilian." I tell her and walk towards the door.
                " Good night, Hope. See you on Wednesday." Lilian says and I nod.
            It's only 7:14pm so I make my take my time to get home. Aunt Maggie isn't gonna be back till 11 and I'm not in a rush to be all alone.
        Once I get home,I take a quick shower and change into some pajamas. I need to get ready for tomorrow. Sophia says she'll see me tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need enough energy for that.

_________________________________

Pheww😅
Sorry it took that long to update. Soo, what'd you all think🙃🙃🙃 please do tell. And don't forget to SHARE, VOTE, and COMMENT.