Chapter Seventeen

I lightly tapped the tip of my pen on the corner of my mouth as I thought of an answer for my test. The whole class is silent and everyone has their head stuck in their script.
                Today is what some people might tag a really unlucky day. Our chemistry teacher decided to throw an surprise test for everyone to boost their grades. He said something about most people not having enough to graduate with good grades hence the test.
              I luckily am not part of those people. In fact, I love tests. I could hear slight groans from a few students and even spotted Sophia Cullen and her crew sneakily using their phones for answers. Idiots.
                   I quickly finished up my test and waited patiently for our time to be up. I chuckled when  I saw the school jock and cocky jerk, Blaze Tyson grip his hair as though he wanted to tear it off his head. It amuses me how anyone would hate chemistry.
                    The bell soon rang and out scripts were soon taken away. I watched as everyone left the class with either disappointment or anger, some even both. I silently drummed my fingers on the desk and glanced at the seat a few rows behind me. His seat.
                It's been three weeks since that's incident happened and I haven't heard of Nicolas at all. Anytime I went over to his place there would be no one there. I tried calling Lilian but she never answered. I was beginning to wander whether I was fired or not.
                Nicolas hasn't been coming to school lately and even if he does, I never see him. I tired asking Jasper but even he doesn't know. I've only managed to spot him once and that was last week. I could have asked him what was wrong but I was too scared. Now I don't know what's happening.
                     I'm worried for him because it's down to only 5 weeks and some days before we have to move to our final year and if he doesn't pass, he'd be demoted. If never want that for my worst enemy. I'd have to know what's wrong.
                 I heaved a long sigh and pack my belongings. Today's looking so gloomy and the weather isn't helping one bit. Hopefully it won't rain before I get home. I walked over to my locker and see Jasper leaning against it.
               " Were you waiting for me?" I asked once I approached him. He smiles and gives me a hug.
                 " Hey gumdrop."
            " Hi. You look stressed." I pointed noticing the slight droop of his eyes. His hair was also messy and his gorgeous smile was fallen.
                   " What's wrong?" I ask concerned. He sits me down on the bench beside us and rubs his face.
                 " Have you heard from Nick, lately?" He asks and my heart clenches.
               He didn't show it but I could tell he was hurting really bad. Even Jasper hasn't seen his best friend and it's just not proper for him to leave without a word. I mean, surely Nicolas isn't that much of a jerk to do that to his best friend.
                " No." I exhale, placing a hand on his slumped shoulder as a means of consolation.
                " I just don't get it, what's up with him?" He grits.
             " Did you guys fight? When was the last time you guys spoke?" I asked him.
              " We didn't fight. Even when we do it doesn't last. The last time I spoke to Nick was the day after I he was at your place." Jasper says.
                 " Did he say anything...off?" I leaned closer to look into his sad grey eyes.
                " No. We just...talked."  Jasper admits. By now people were giving the both of us weird stares. But that was the least of my worries.
                    " He's not at home, He's not in school. Nowhere. And I've looked. Where Is my brother Hope?" Jasper wails, his voice cracking.
                  " We'll find him. I promise." I say squeezing his hand.
                    " Thank you." Jasper whispers. His voice barely audible.
                  " For?"
             " For caring. Nick really needs someone like you. But why?" He ask with a small smile. I look at him confusedly.
            " Why what?" I ask
                  " Why do you care about him? I thought he scares you." He wonders.
                 " He does... sometimes. But other times all I see is a lonely boy. He has everything yet it's like he has nothing. And the other day when he drowned himself-"
                  " What? " Jasper cuts me off with wide eyes.
                   " He drowned himself? Why?" He asks balling his fists.
                  " I don't know. I also wondered. I was terrified and didn't know what to do." I admitted.
                 " I'm sorry." I mutter when Jasper looks away. I could tell by his gritted teeth that he was mad.
                   " It's not your fault. I didn't know he was-"
                  " He's not. I asked him." I cut him off and Jasper nods. The bell soon rings and I sigh. I give Jasper's hand one last squeeze and he hugs me before we depart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             " Explain to me how you got detention, Mr King." I raise an angry brow at him.
                 " I wasn't paying attention in class and also gave the teacher attitude when she asked." Jasper replies with a sigh. I place a hand on his shoulder and pull him closer.
               " Jay, I totally understand that you are bummed about the whole Nicolas thing but what you're doing won't make things better. I promise he'll come back and I'm sure he won't be happy when he finds out you're getting into detention." I tell him and a smiles lightly.
               " Yeah, detention is our thing not mine." He says and I chuckled.
                 " I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I tell him and he nods. Jasper hugs me one more time and I leave.
               I stare at the grey sky for a good five minutes and decide to finally get home. Aunt Maggie is on her week off from work and decided to visit nanna again. She seemed to have enjoyed the last visit and decided to go herself. So basically, I'm all alone for two days before she's back.
             Once I reached home, I opened the door and head to my room for a nice long bath. I decided to take care of my hair today so I made sure to wash it real good and oil it nicely. I was blow drying my hair when I heard my phone ding. I opened it and saw it was a message from Jasper.
               " Shouldn't you be in detention?" I smiled as I opened the message. Hmm, it's a video. The smile on my face faded as I played it.

Breaking News
            Billionaires William Rae and  wife Lilian Macaulay have been spotted engaged in a heated argument at a restaurant. Not long after, the couple have announced their intention to go their separate ways.
             In other relating news, Billionaire William Rae and Pauline Bishelle,daughter of famous movie producer Austin Bishelle have been spotted at  numerous events holding hands and kissing in public. Rumour has it that the beautiful model, is even pregnant and-

                I threw my phone onto my bed and felt a tear roll down my cheeks.

Oh dear God.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       OMG!!!! What's happening?!!!!!😜😜😜😜😜😜😜