Chapter Twenty-six

********************************

  I like you too.

               I stared at the boy in front of me with wide eyes. He likes me? Is he for real or is he joking? His facial expression did not reveal a thing although I could tell even he was slightly shocked by his confession.
               " R-Really?" I beamed. He let out a breath and removed the pencil from behind his ear, lightly tapping it on one of his notebooks.
                  " Sure." Came his reply.
            " But you don't talk to me." I said with a frown. He and I have never really had a real conversation before. It was either he threatens me, glares at me or just ignore me.
              " What do I say?" He quirked a brow.
            " I don't know...you could ask me how I'm doing, make small talk with me or just you know... come sit." I smiled patting the little space beside me. Nicolas' lips curl slightly and he actually moved his books to sit by me. And by that I meant he was so very close that I had to move a little to look at him.
               " Happy?" He smirked and my cheeks heated up.
                " Um...I..."
          " Why did you do that?" He frowned looking at my messy bun.
               " My hair? What's wrong with it?" I asked feeling embarrassed. I know I don't really style my hair  but I always try to make it look neat no matter how carelessly I do it.
            " Let it go." He said and before I could understand what he was saying, he pulled at the small band holding my hair together making it fall down my back. I gasped at the action.
               " You look much better like that." He said looking at my messy curls. I blushed. This is the longest conversation we've had and to top it off, he's complementing me. This is progress people!
                  " T-Thank you." I whispered, raking my hand through my hair. My head snaps up at him when I remembered something I've been meaning to ask him.
                 " Nicolas?" I called softly. He doesn't answer but his eyes were fixated on mine.
              " W-What ever happen to Sophia?" I asked and his body stiffened. Great! Now I've upset him.
              " Why?"
            " Huh?"
                " Why do you want to know?" He asked with a hint of irritation.
              " I-It's just that since that day I haven't seen or even heard of her at school and well, you were the last person I remembered being with her after...uhm...that." I said looking away from his blue eyes.
                " I only did what was necessary." His voice was calm, but also deadly.
                  " And what did you do?" Silence.
           " I got rid of her." He said. I gasped. He doesn't mean....He wouldn't....No....He would never do something like tha....w-would he? Oh goodness please no.
            " A-And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked pleadingly.
               " I mean she's expelled. " He said and I sighed in relief.
              " What did you think I meant? You thought I killed her?" He frowned.
              " Yes, but to be honest that was just mere suspicion. I'd never believe it. " I shrugged and he raises a brow in amusement. He inches closer to me and I instantly became alarmed...so did my heart.
                " Really? You don't believe I can kill someone?" He smirked, his eyes flickered to my lips but quickly returned to meet my gaze. I swallowed...hard.
                 " You would never." I said with certainty. He lowers his head in an attempt to hide his smile but the joke's on him...he chuckled instead and oh, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. He looked up at me, his smile still on and that's when I saw a dimple on his right cheek. His smile was... breathtaking.
              " Well,Sophia is expelled so she won't ever bother anyone at school ever again. She won't even be able to think of it at the moment really." He said turning serious again.
             " Oh? Why do you say that?" I asked suddenly curious.
               " Because....She's at the hospital." He smiled. Well, it was more of a devilish grin than a genuine one.

Wait....what? At the hospital?! D-Did he do something to her? Did he hurt her?

               " N-Nicolas?" I breathed with wide eyes.
                  " Isabella..."
             " What did you do?" I asked my voice trembling.
              " You mean...what did she do?" He corrected. I narrowed my eyes in confusion.
              " Bella, I would never lay my hands on a girl. But she pushed me to the limit...I simply had to do something. So I gave her two options. And she chose what she believed best." He said nonchalantly.
                 " What did she do?" I pleaded this time.
              " She jumped off the roof."He said and I placed my hands over my mouth. Jumped off the roof?! How?
               " You made her jump off the roof?" I asked, horrified.
                " No...like I said, she chose to."
            " What was the second option?" I asked.
              " That's not appropriate for you to know." He said. What's that supposed to mean? Could it be more life threatening than jumping off a two storey building?
                 " So she's at the hospital fighting for her life as we speak."
               " Why didn't you stop her when you saw her jump? Surely you were only bluffing when you gave her those options weren't you?"I asked but he only raised a brow.
                " R-Right?" Silence.

Okay remember when I said I'm not scared of him anymore? Scratch that...I'm terrified.

               " W-Why?" My voice was barely audible.
                  " Why?" He repeated inching closer to my face.
                " Because... She dared to go after something very valuable to me fully aware of the consequences that would follow after. I'm not stupid Bella, I let her have her way for so long and she took me for a fool. What she did I would have let it go, if she hadn't messed with me." He placed his index finger under my chin and tilted my head so I could look into his eyes. Have I forgotten to mention that this boy is beautiful? No? well he really is. I almost forgot my fear when he inched even closer.
               " W-What did she go after?" I whispered.
              " She went after... My girl." He gritted. And then... his lips were on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Oh I so hope you all like this one peeps. By the way I can't believe how many reads my book's getting I'm so over the moon🌚. Thank you thank you! thank you 💓💓💓!
          Please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE to make your author even happier. Love y'all 💋💋.