I

Bolded letters are High Valyrian

-

The House Targaryen and the House Tyrell were throwing a party. Their youngest children were betrothed. The peace agreement they wrote was finally going to plan. The party was being held at Highgarden and the new couple were less than social.

  "Come in." I called after a knock at my door.

"Prince Daemon would like to see you, my lady." My maiden said walking into my chambers.

"Let him in, I suppose." I sighed, continuing to work on my art. The prince entered and my maiden left, closing the door behind her.

"We need to make an appearance together." Daemon said.

"Hello Daemon, it's nice to see you as always." I muttered, setting down my paints.

"We are betrothed now, if they don't see us together, people are going to suspect something." He grumbled, sitting down on my chaise.

"I've just started this painting and if I stop now, I'll lose my train of thought."

"Stubborn bitch." Daemon mumbled.

"I would suggest not to speak rudely of someone in a language they speak."

"You speak High Valyrian?"

"Fluently." I replied, looking at Daemon as he stood from his seat and walked over to me.

"Your painting looks like a piece of shit."

"As does your face, Prince Daemon, but art is subjective I suppose."

"I truly hate you."

"Not nearly as much as I hate you. However, we are stuck together for the rest of our lives now I suppose. So I guess we're just going to have to get used to living with someone we hate."

"If we make an appearance for just an hour, I will let you come back into your little chambers and continue this shit painting."

"Half of an hour."

"Fine, half of an hour."

Daemon and I started walking together and he offered me his arm once we got to the stairs.

"For the people." He said when I stared at him.

I ignored his offer and continued on walking without him.

"Prince Daemon Targaryen and his betrothed, Lady Megaera Tyrell." The announcer spoke as we walked into the hall.

I watched as people stopped their dancing and bowed as we walked further into the hall. I begrudgingly took Daemon's hand so we could start the next dance and people could go back to their own dancing.

  "Your palms are sweaty." I muttered to him.

  "Are you sure they aren't yours?"

  "A lady's palms don't get sweaty. Stop stepping on my feet."

  "Must you constantly complain?"

  "I can't do this." I said, removing my hands from Daemon's. "Honestly, I have no idea why this would work."

Daemon grabbed my hand and pulled me to a dark corner of the room where no one could see the fight that was brewing.

  "People of our status do not get married for love. Marriage is a political choice."

  "Your brother and his lady wife seem to be happily in love."

  "I don't want this anymore than you, but if it keeps our people from fighting, then I will suffer through this agony. I do not wish for there to be war."

  "I find that very hard to believe." I laughed.

  "Excuse me?"

  "I said I find that very hard to believe. I've known you since I was six years old, Daemon. You're a homicidal maniac with a sex addiction. Speaking of, why are we still here? Don't you have some whore in a brothel to be fucking? Actually, I'm surprised you even bothered to show. I'm done with this half hour bullshit. I'm leaving now."

  "Do not walk away from me, I am your prince!"

  "No, you are a selfish, evil brat who is incapable of love. Good night, Daemon." I said, taking my leave and returning to my chambers.

  "Is everything alright Lady Megaera?" My maiden asked me.

  "Everything is alright." I answered with a smile. "Prince Daemon just being the same cunt he has been his whole sixteen years of life."

  "Would like me to tell everyone you have retired for bed?"

  "Yes, please. Oh, but bring me back some wine from the party, would you?"

  "Of course, my lady." She responded with a nod before leaving.

I walked over to my painting to observe it. I took the canvas and threw it into the fire in my room.

  "Your wine, my lady."

  "You can just leave it, thank you."

As I was getting undressed, Daemon burst into my room, obviously furious.

  "A knock would be nice, you know?" I remarked, stepping out of my dress and walking over to the wine. "Wine?"

  "How dare you speak to me the way you did tonight? And then to walk away from me afterwards?" He spat as I downed my wine.

  "You may be the prince and my 'betrothed'. But, as you said we're stuck in this, whether we like it or not. So, I don't see the way I speak to you as a problem. I say we just be honest with what we're thinking, instead of what these other arranged couples do. I'm not going to pretend to like you, Daemon. I'm not going to pretend to be nice. I'm not going to pretend anything. As far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't either."

  "I should have you killed for what you're saying." He seethed drawing his sword slowly.

  "I wouldn't do that if I were you." I responded, putting my hand on my own sword behind the chaise.

  "Really? And what would you do? Throw some paint at me? Hm?"

  "That's actually really funny." I responded, finally revealing my sword.

  "Do you even how to use that?" He asked, making me laugh.

  "Let me put on some clothes and I'll show you." I answered, finally putting on a robe.

I took the first slash at him but he easily blocked it and got behind me, wrapping his left arm around my waist and his other hand holding his sword at my neck. I put my hands up and dropped my sword only to elbow him in the gut and grab his sword out of his hand. Turning around, I kicked him in the same spot I elbowed him in, sending him falling onto the bed. I climbed over him and pointed his own sword right at his left eye.

  "You may be stronger than me, Prince Daemon." I whispered. "But I am much quicker and nimbler than you ever will be."

I got off of him and let him get up on his own.

  "Do not threaten me again, or I will take that eye out next time." I warned, handing him his sword.