IV

My family was ready for war. It was my fault so I was of course leading. We had been prepping for a month. All of the soldiers were in order. All of our dragon riders were prepared. Even the Targaryens were ready.

"A lady leading war?" Daemon asked as we prepared our dragons for flight. "Sounds like rubbish to me. We would be better off with a pig leading."

  "You're just mad it's not you." I responded climbing onto Ceres.

  "It should be, instead we get some moronic bitch."

  "Fuck off Daemon. I just ask one thing and it's for to stand with me on this. It's not even going to be a worthy war. Our forces are far too strong for them. We have dragons, they don't. They only have a thousand men, we couldn't even bring our entire military because it would be too much for them. This going to be a quick in and out, Daemon is that really the glory you want?"

  "Well, if you hadn't started it-"

  "How many times must I tell you, she attacked me. I just happened to be better than her so I slit her throat."

  "Oh, please you were just jealous another woman was after me."

  "That is far from the truth, Daemon. I can not stand you. I wouldn't love anything else in the world than for some woman to come out of the clouds and take you from me. But as I stated before, she made it personal. Also, you would despise her and as much as I would love to see you in sexless agony for the rest of your life, I'm not that cruel."

  "So you're saying you would fuck me?"

  "You know, I'm really starting to regret killing Rhea. I mean truly." I responded, taking off ahead of Daemon.

I turned Ceres back around to face where Daemon was still preparing Caraxes for flight. "Dracarys." I said sending a fireball right in front of Daemon.

  "That's not fair!" He shouted from the ground, taking off shortly after the fireball landed.

  "Higher." I told Ceres keeping her above the clouds. By the time Daemon could catch up to us we were already enjoying the view. "Nice of you to finally join us, Prince Daemon."

~/~

Some time later, we reached our commanding site.

  "The way I see this we really only have two options." I started. I was standing in the middle of a thousand men who were all listening to me. Some actually did and some just pretended they were but I still have never felt more power in my entire life. I felt like I was in the right place. "The easy way: we loot the town and then burn it to the very ground, or we have some mercy on their men. No dragons, just combat. Sure this little scrimmage lasts a little longer, and my marriage to Prince Daemon gets pushed back, but, you still get to loot the town and get to keep what you find. I also think we should leave the children alone, they do not deserve to die. The women though, they're free rein. One of them tried to kill me, who's to say the rest won't try?"

"What about the land after?" Daemon asked me.

"We will let them keep their castle and some land." I answered. "House Royce could be of some use in the future, no need to knock the whole of them down."

"You told me-"

"I know what I told you, but I do not feel the same as I did a month ago, Prince Daemon. If it is virtually just children left in Runestone, they are weak, they won't try to attack us for a while. We could come up with bullshit peace treaties, bullshit taxes, anything and I doubt they would know the difference."