II

"Good morning, my lady." Agnes, my maiden said, opening my curtains.

"Oh, just a little bit longer Agnes, I beg of you." I complained, covering my eyes from the glaring sun.

"I'm sorry my lady, but there's much to do today." She stated, pulling the covers back. "Your family is traveling to King's Landing today to have breakfast with the Targaryens. You will be having a discussion about the wedding affairs."

  "Just another nonsensical discussion." I groaned sitting up.

~/~

  "Good morning, Otto." My father said greeting the Hand of the King.

  "Morning, my Lord." Hightower returned bowing his head.

  "Lord Paramount of the Mander, is that you?" The King called, laughing as we entered the dining hall.

  "Hello, Viserys." My father responded walking up to the king. The two embraced quickly before stepping back. "It's nice to see you again, old friend."

  "And I to you." He smiled.

  "Your grace." I said, curtsying, noticing Daemon was walking over.

  "My betrothed." Daemon beamed, inserting himself into the conversation.

  "My betrothed." I uttered, slightly disgusted when Daemon picked up my hand and kissed the top of it.

  "Shall we eat?" the King asked awkwardly, noting the tension.

  "You eat like a pig." I whispered to Daemon, side eyeing him.

  "Well, you look like a pig." He whispered back, continuing to eat.

  "Brother are you ready for the Royal Hunt tomorrow?" the King asked from across the table.

  "You're hunting tomorrow?" I asked Daemon. "Oh, I would love to go."

  "A hunt is no place for a lady." Daemon remarked.

  "Oh, Megaera is an amazing hunter, whether it be from a dragon, horse, or even just walking through the forrest. A weapon's no matter either." My father grinned, looking towards Daemon.

  "Since when did you know how to ride a dragon?" The prince asked.

  "Since you decided to stop being friends with me when we were ten years old." I leered, poking at my now unappetizing food.

  "Well, we would love for to come join us tomorrow." Viserys offered. "Speaking of dragons, Daemon why don't you go show the Lady the dragons?"

Daemon and I stood from our seats at the table and took a walk outside.

  "How do you know how to ride a dragon?" Daemon questioned me.

  "Why should I tell you?"

  "My family is the House of the Dragon, what business goes on between dragons is also my- our business." He seethed, stopping in his tracks.

  "Fine, since you asked nicely, I guess I'll tell you the story." I said, continuing to walk. "I presume you know the history of our families. When Aegon the Conqueror was- well conquering- he had devastated my family, knocked our armies down, our fleets, I mean how could they compete with a dragon. So, my ancestor Lord Harlen Tyrell surrendered Highgarden. As a reward, your relative gave him the castle, dominion of the Reach, and title of Lord Paramount of the Mander. But, what history does not know is that he also secretly gave him three dragon eggs; so, if the time came, House Tyrell would have a better chance of helping House Targaryen as an ally during war. Today, we have six dragons, one of whom are mine. I learned to ride a dragon because..."