III

The next morning I traveled to King's Landing by myself. My father, older brother, and my house were going to meet me at the hunt but I wanted to travel with Ceres.

"Shouldn't you be at the hunt?" Daemon asked, strapping on his saddle to his dragon.

"I wanted to ride with Ceres." I answered, grabbing my own saddle.

"You might want to hurry, if you're taking your dragon we'll ride out together."

"Why? Our dragons will only be apart for a little while."

"We should still arrive together."

"Why do you always care about making appearances together?"

  "Because we are betrothed and people won't see us together, they will doubt us. The last thing I need as king-"

  "King? That's what this is all about." I started laughing because I was so baffled. "You think you'll be king and you want to prove to your brother that you're ready for it. I can't even say I don't believe it because I shouldn't even be surprised."

  "That's preposterous."

  "Wait, yesterday you were about to tell Caraxes dracarys, you know dragons can't be killed by fire, were you trying to kill me? You were trying to kill me so you wouldn't have to marry me and you would have my dragon. That's why you were willing to bring me to the dragons. You wanted to have a reason, a-an excuse for my death. You are disgusting Daemon, you're lucky I don't murder you with a boar's tusk today at the hunt."

  "Are you mad? You don't sound mad?"

  "I'm disgusted and extremely terrified for the future. However, the only thing I'm mad at is I didn't think of it first. That was clever."

  "Were you going to use the boar's thing today?"

  "Yeah, I thought my example was pretty obvious."

  "I'm just confused on how that would happen, very creative-"

  "Wait, you tried to burn my alive!"

  "You were going to stab me! My murder is much more merciful!"

  "This is ridiculous. We need to leave for the hunt."

I quickly climbed Ceres and rode off into the sky, Daemon not far behind.

  "Dive right." I told Ceres, knocking right into Daemon and Caraxes. "Sorry! She's a little out of control this morning!"

I started to laugh but stopped once I felt Caraxes tail hit the back of my head.

  "That's not funny Daemon what if he had impaled me!" I shouted, rubbing the back of my head.

Soon the prince and I reached the hunt and we put the dragons in their own field, away from everyone else.

We had gotten a little bit ways away from the dragons but when I turned around I saw the most unholiest, vile thing for the human eye to see.

  "Oh my gods." I muttered in disgust. "Don't turn around."

  "What is it?" He asked, obviously confused but he didn't turn around.

  "Our dragons are fucking, it's absolutely vile!"

  "They can do that?"

  "Yes, they can do that!"

  "But, they lay eggs."

  "You really need to pick up a book on dragons."

Daemon and I continued walking in silence to the site where our families were waiting.