VII

It was the first day of the wedding week. A night full of feasting and dancing. Daemon and I were standing outside waiting to make our appearance. We haven't spoken in days.

  "You look lovely." Daemon said to break silence.

  "Thank you." I responded begrudgingly. "You look nice enough yourself. Do something different with your hair?"

  "Funny."

  "How's my dragon doing?"

  "You would know how Cerse' was doing if you actually came to King's Landing."

  "The only reason why I have not been in King's Landing as of late is because you 'professed' your fake love to me."

  "Fake love? My love is not fake Lady Megaera."

  "Daemon, you will not hesitate to do anything to have more power, even if that means faking love. You can not manipulate me the way you have everyone else."

"Manipulate?"

"Lady Megaera, Prince Daemon. It's time for your arrival." The knight said.

  "Thank you, Ser Lucious." Daemon responded, offering me his arm. We had done this a dozen times over but now this time, it felt more real. I was nervous. This time I took Daemon's arm without hesitation, I was starting to understand the importance of appearances.

  "Are you nervous?" Daemon asked after we walked into the hall and sat at the table.

  "Yes." I answered looking ahead at the people who sat in front of us, feasting. They were all here for us.  "Are you?"

  "Yes." Daemon responded. His answer made me feel slightly better. I was glad I wasn't the only one. "We shan't worry though. We are strong people. We can do this."

  "We are rather young, Daemon. Do you not wish to see the world? Fight some wars? Grow your riches?"

  "I would like to do all those things, however, the younger we get married the sooner we may produce an heir."

  "I would also wish to do all those things. But I can't if I have children to look after. If we consummate our marriage, I may not bleed and I can fall with child. If that happens, I can never fulfill my dreams."

  "What if I said there was a way to consummate the marriage without falling with child?"

  "What do you mean?"

  "The Grand Maester can produce a tea that can prevent you from becoming with child that night. It's a single use remedy, it shan't prevent us from becoming with child when we are ready."

  "And you can get the Grand Maester to make this tea?"

  "He's done it before for me."

  "Of course he has." I sighed, looking away from Daemon and out towards the crowds.

  "Oh please, you would have expected it." Daemon responded, sipping his wine. "Besides there are secrets you're still hiding from me."

  "Like what?" I asked, turning back towards him.

  "How your father is able to ride a dragon. Sure your brother, your mother, and you may be of old Valyrian blood, but your father must be as well in order to be able to ride. What are you still hiding from me Lady Megaera?"

"Unfortunately, I'm not permitted to say until our marriage night, Prince Daemon."

  "You could tell me, perhaps you don't want to. Perhaps you're protecting some dark family secret that if anyone found out House Tyrell would come crashing down."