Chapter 1

*+•°
Kai's eyes shot open, a small gasp escaping his mouth. The only thing he saw was the first wooden ceiling of the monastery. With a sigh, he covered his eyes with his arm. 'It was just a dream,' he thought, sinking into the sheets of his bed. He looked at the clock they had in the room. '3.30am, huh' he thought.

He was getting tired of the same dream happening over and over again. Why were all these nightmares happening again now? Morro didn't care about him anymore after all. He didn't come back from the departed relm for him, but for his place as The Green Ninja. He was nothing to Morro now and Morro was nothing to him. So why were those dreams still going on? Kai tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. Sighing, he got up and went to the roof of the monastery. It's kind of surprising since not too long ago, the place was still in ruins.

Sitting on the roof of the monastery was calming. There was nothing quite like sitting on the rooftop and watching the night stars from above. Kai let out a contented sigh, feeling the cooling breeze hit his face. 'Couldn't sleep?' Kai heard a familiar voice from childhood ask. 'Jay, I hope I didn't wake you up,' Kai responded quietly, turning to the blue ninja. 'No, no, I..I couldn't sleep. Was worried about..You know.."Jay trailed off, eyes wandering up into the sky. Kai looked at his friend with concern and pity.

Zane went 'missing' a few weeks ago. Kai knew that his best friend loved the nindroid. A secret crush that Kai only knew, if you will. Jay fell into a mess after Zane blasted to the Never Realm. He couldn't concentrate on anything. Kai was concerned for his friend. 'I know I can't promise anything, but we'll find him soon,'' Kai smiled, pulling the smaller male into a hug. Jay felt tears spill out of his eyes as he hugged his friend back. The two of them sat there together as Jay sobbed into Kai's arms.

Jay's sobbing turned into snoring after a while. Kai looked down at his friend and gave a soft smile. He carefully climbed down with Jay in his arms, and placed him gently on the bed. As much as his nightmares deeply bothered him, he knows that his interactions with Morro are over and he has nothing to worry about now. Now, all he needs to do is be there for Jay and everyone else since Zane was gone.

They've tried to think of a way to possibly get him back, and sure they could use Asphera's sceptre to get to him, but they didn't have a sure fire way to get back safely. Traveler's Tea doesn't reach the Never Realm, and they wouldn't know if Asphera's sceptre could send them back. It was too risky. Although they were reluctant and tried to get to him themselves, in the end, they had to listen to Master Wu.

Jay got more and more upset as each day passed. Both him and P.I.X.A.L were more close with Zane than any of the Ninja were. But that didn't stop all of them from grieving, in more ways than one.

It's been about a week since he disappeared. The Ninja were all coping in different ways, trying to distract themselves from the fact that Zane was gone. However, no matter how much Jay tried, he couldn't distract himself, everything reminded him of Zane.

Kai knew he couldn't do anything to help these feelings go away, but the least he could do was to be there. And now what they both needed was some sleep. So Kai climbed back up into his bed and tried to fall asleep yet again. This time, he fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.
____

He woke up again, with a jolt as Nya was shaking him awake. "GET UP NOOOWW. PLEASE MAKE US SOME FOOD, YOU KNOW NONE OF US CAN COOK AND COLE WAS GONNA TRY TO DO IT."

"Oh my lord Nya please, you don't need to scream." He spoke up groggily. It wasn't new that Nya would wake him up this aggressively but damn does it scare the bejesus out of Kai when it does happen.

She stopped shaking him and stood up next to his bed. She hurried out and called out to everyone that he was awake. He crawled out of bed and made his way to the living room.