And It Begins

•••
I strive for chaos
So should you

•••I strive for chaosSo should you

•••

"Gasp!"

A dark-haired man gasped awake, confused at his situation. His surroundings were dark... and cold. The last thing he remembered was going home with a delightful date the night before. He looked down at his hands, stuck to his thighs with seemingly no ropes or device yet he could not move an inch.

"What. the. hell?"

It wasn't until an eternity in that suffocating silence that the man heard foreign sounds. Heels? Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

Slowly, a young woman appeared at the doorless entrance of that dark room, a surprised gasp leaving the man's lips.

"I see you recognize me." Hayley dragged a chair in front of the man, a carefree smile on her face. "That means you have been following me... Damon Salvatore."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Damon wasn't a shitty actor. Somebody else would've probably believed him. But Hayley was way too paranoid to not notice the little signs.

"Sure." She leaned forward, tracing his left hand with her fingers, leaving behind trails of blood. Ignoring his pained groans, she continued up his arm. "This is how it's gonna go. You tell me what I want to know, and I don't make you relive your worst nightmares. As simple as that."

Damon wasn't Enzo. Enzo she could talk into something but Damon was far too stubborn at this point in time. She needed something big with him. And if that something was to make him relive his Augustine days, then so be it.

"I won't tell you shit, you bitch! You can torture me all you want!"

"You think my greatest feat is physical torture?" Hayley's whisper was taunting. "How about a walk down daddy issues memory lane, shall we?" Without giving him the time to argue, she grabbed his wrists and catapulted them in his memories. It might seem harsh but Damon was a cannon Hayley could not afford to have loose. He was a very central part of the main players and if his story had changed, she needed to be aware of every single detail.

The trip down memory lane was a bit boring, though Damon wasn't loving it. Hayley was just looking at the tiniest change in that known story.

"There." Hayley narrowed her eyes at a particular memory.

1987. Stefan and Lexi were at a concert, being watched by Katherine who in turn, was being watched by Damon. The latter had meant to torment his brother whenever he was having fun but he didn't realize that the love of his life, the one for whom he'd endured the vampire life was alive and well... and checking on his brother.