Trouble In Paradise (2)

".."
With exposure comes enemies, but a wise man once said; 'Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.'

"

".."

Hayley eyed her reflection in the glass door.

Dark brown hair that fell in lustrous waves down her back, clear green eyes and a sculpted face, she was beautiful. Now that she was sixteen, she was losing the baby fat in her face, and the constant exercise as well as her werewolf side kept her figure looking very nice.

After checking the black sundress with multicolored flowers that hugged her waist perfectly, Hayley nodded. This would do.

It would either be a gift or a form of torture. What happened at this lunch date would either get Tyler lucky or it would be the end of the couple.

Pity. Hayley thought to herself. They were fun together.

Using all the subtlety she could muster, Hayley looked to the side, sending a meaningful gaze to a dark alley before she walked inside.

What she saw made her eyebrow twitch. Tyler was already in their booth and their waitress was none other than Vicki Donovan — who already had her hands on the Lockwood.

With a mantra to prevent her killing urges repeating inside her mind, Hayley walked over with a smile, as if she had no care in the world.

"Right on time," Tyler smiled at her, giving her the menu. "Vicki has been waiting for a few minutes."

"Oh," Hayley made her mind right then and there, opening the menu. "We wouldn't want dear Vicki to wait any longer," it was a pity she couldn't hide the sarcasm in her voice. "I'll take a small fries."

Tyler frowned. "Just that? Babe, you need to eat more."

Hayley merely smiled at him. Oh, she would eat her fill. Just not with him.

Tyler ordered, giving Vicki a bonus in the form of a subtle wink before she walked away with a bright smile.

"Is it fun?" Hayley suddenly asked, startling the boy.

"What do you mean?"

It appeared Tyler really thought he was that slick.

"You and Vicki." Hayley wasn't in the mood to play games and got to the point quick.

She couldn't believe she'd spent a year believing Tyler Lockwood was actually a perfect boyfriend.