Reborn (2)

".."
Sometimes, help comes from the most unexpected of people.

"Sometimes, help comes from the most unexpected of people

".."

Hayley looked at the big suitcase in front of her, her hand tightening its hold on her backpack. Her adoptive parents had kicked her out for good.

"We can't do this anymore."

"You have so much rage, it's not proper for a lady to be so angry all the time."

"Take this. We don't want you to be defenseless nonetheless."

Hayley snorted at the enveloppe full of cash her adoptive father had put in her hands at the end of their 'intervention'. No matter what their motives were, she couldn't help but resent the Marshall couple. It was no wonder canon!Hayley turned out to be so insecure and cold.

After allowing herself a small pity party, her eyes moved from her luggage to the house at the end of the street.

There lived Naya "Marmee" Phillips. An eccentric old lady that was always thoughtful and very kind to Hayley when she was a child.

Looking back at the memories, Hayley cursed her damned luck. If she hadn't looked closer, she wouldn't have seen the garden, she wouldn't have seen the necklace and more importantly, she wouldn't have seen the grimoires.

Canon!Hayley didn't know of the supernatural so she didn't get to talk to the old witch. But now that Hayley took this life into her hands, she would turn all the cards in her favor. Even if it meant making a deal with a witch.

".."

In front of a lilac-colored front door, Hayley took a deep breath, lifting her hand to knock.

Before her knuckles could even hit the wood, the door swung open, revealing an older woman with bright orange hair, clear brown eyes with a knowing glint. She was sporting a kind smile.

"I was waiting for you, dear," the old witch clapped her hands, making the multitude of bracelets dingle. "We have much to do. And much more to learn."

Hayley was staring at the older lady with a befuddled look. " ... Hey, Marmee, sorry to stop by unannounced but could you house me for a few ..."

Naya interrupted Hayley, taking her large suitcase. "You'll be staying with me, little one. Your room is already put together, we only need to decorate it to your taste."

"What?" Hayley was genuinely dumbfounded. "I don't understand."

Having successfully ushered the young girl inside and closed the door, Naya put her hands on either side of Hayley's shoulders. "Taking another person's life is hard on the soul but do not worry because I'll be here to help."

"How do you know?" Hayley asked. It wasn't possible for the witch to know so soon. "And help me with what?"

"Everything!" Naya exclaimed. "With life, death, love, definitely love," the older woman winked at Hayley. "And ... to hold your hand because being a wolf is the least of your worries."