i could never hate her ~wm~

M.o.M related chapter 🫡

Eliza aged- 14
________________

Eliza's POV:

We've travelled multiverses, been drugged and locked up in glass containers, not to mention being chased by my mom and another version of her, but now... we've finally arrived to the book of vishanti.

I hug America in relief. As soon as I release from the hug of my best friend, a red glow drags her hair back, making her shriek in pain and pure terror.

"AMERICA!" I scream as I watch my 'mother' hold Ammy by her hair. I glare at her before beginning to run towards America. Instead I get flung to the side.

Stephen begins to defend against her, but he eventually gets thrown into another universe by my other mother.

She uses America's power to open another portal which shows MY mom dreamwalking. She throws America inside then looks at me with a sinister grin.

What has my mom done to this poor woman?!

She grabs me by the arm and despite my efforts of fighting, I still get thrown inside. I groan in pain but before I can even cry, I'm tossed against a wall.

I watch as America is slammed onto the platform looking thing. Mom holds her still with magic.

I throw a blast of my magic to try and free her, but its blocked half way. My mom walks up to me slowly, with an evil glare that won't even blink away from my eye contact, and uses my own power against me.

I let out a sob of frustration and sit up. Mom grabs my chin roughly with her black fingertips. "Why didn't you just listen to me hmm?" She spits, tightening her grip on my face.

"Why didn't YOU listen to ME?!" I shove her away from me and she lifts me up into the air, holding me together with magic.

"You don't understand, Eliza." Mom says more calmly. "I understand better than anybody! I still lost my brothers and father!" I argue, continuing to try and wriggle out of her magic clutch.

She flashes an expression of hurt before going back over to America. "This isn't what your children would want!" She yells.

"They'll never know..." Mom replies bitterly. Funny because I'm right here and I know everything...

"Maybe not, but you will!"

There it is again, that expression. Almost like she snaps out of it for a second...

"I love you mama..." I shout to her. Maybe if I continue to make her feel guilty, she'll fully snap out of it....

She looks at me with a blank expression.

Oh.

* * *

"Leave her alone!" I continue to cry and plead at my mother as she drains the power and life out of my only friend.

A group of demon looking things carry a corpse looking doctor strange...

He looks up at me and smiles, to which I return, even though the smile is extremely creepy.

I giggle in relief.

"Dreamwalking you hypocrite!" Mom shouts in anger. Strange releases his demon things on mom.

Wong climbs up from the mountain. How did he get there?!

Mom's hand shoots out from the demon container she's in. Strange talks to Ammy, probably giving her a prep talk. Just like he did with me in our last battle.

I jump as mom escapes from her containment. America jumps up and instantly punches her in the face.

What the fuck.

A portal appears behind her and mom holds America by the throat, choking her. I manage to release myself from the magic tied around me.

I rush over to mom but before I can do or say anything, America grabs my hand. I watch as my brothers, Billy and Tommy, shout and throw toys at her.

While a younger version of myself hides underneath the table. The other mother is laid on the kitchen floor, probably after being tossed by my mom. A new habit of my mothers is tossing people around like they're dog toys.

The younger me goes over to her and gives her the biggest hug. I watch in jealousy. I can't remember the last time my mom hugged me and told me she loved me...

I hide my head in America's shoulder. I don't even know how any of this happened. We went from living peacefully in a cottage to...whatever this is.

My mom really thought I was on her side but none of this is right. But that doesn't mean I hate her.

I could never hate her.

Even though my mom has put her through hell, I know America doesn't hate her either.

If it was up to me, we'd go back to the cottage together, the three of us, me, America and mom, and act like none of this ever happened. And live the happily ever after we deserve. But that's not for us.

There's hope for America but not for me and mama.

I look back at my mom, who is now knelt in front of my other mother, who has her hand placed on her cheek.

Beside other mother is little me. She looks up and gives me a small smile. At least she's happy.

I give her a small wave, which she returns. Other mother looks at her daughter, then to me. She also gives me a small smile which simply makes my heart melt.

America closes the portal, leaving the family be.

Mom hangs her head down low and sobs. I let go of Ammy's hand and kneel in front of my mother.

Her eyes lock with mine and she cups my face in her hands. "I'm so sorry baby, I love you." She cries before levitating to the platform.

America opens a portal and gestures me to go over. There is no way I'm going to leave my mom.

I shake my head at her. I love her, but I love my mama more. She looks at me with confusion before the portal closes.

"I opened the dark hold, I have to close it." Mom tells Stephen.

In that moment I felt the last piece of my heart shatter. Mama is all I have left. The one last thing that's truly keeping me here. Without her, I'm nothing.

I glance at strange, who shakes his head at me strictly, but I ignore him.

Mama begins to lift the rocks of the mountain upwards.

I sprint onto the platform and wrap my arms around her, which she does to me. I close my eyes tightly and take my last ever deep breath before the rocks crush us.

* * *

America's POV:

"Where's ZaZa?" I cheerfully ask Stephen, assuming she's planning to jump out and scare me.

The last time I saw her, she refused to come through the portal with me. I thought maybe she was just going to say goodbye to her mom, then come back somehow.

Stephen looks at me with pity. She's gone.

A part of me knew it, but I didn't want to believe it. Now I have no choice but too.

I hope she comes back. I feel silly saying this but...I hope Wanda comes back too...

****

Muhahaha. Technically I didn't kill her off, marvel did. So whatever fate they choose for Wanda is also gonna be Eliza's fate. I feel like I'm gonna get brutally slandered for this on the gc but oh well.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! Love youu🫶🏻