my heart was always yours ~wm~

Takes place after doctor strange MoM and doenst make sense but we roll.

Eliza aged- 15
_______________________

Eliza's POV:

A week without her. I'm back at the cottage, sat on the porch where my mom once sat with me.

I can't believe she's gone...

We where the last remaining two of our Maximoff family, the 'survivors'. Together we went through it all.

She sacrificed herself to close the darkhold for good, but I know she didn't just do it to close the darkhold. My mom was getting worse. The forced smile on her face every day truly broke my already broken heart. She had just had enough and I wasn't enough for her to stay.

Everything feels empty, hollow, I feel like I'm the last person on this earth. The person I truly loved the most has left me. Why did she leave me? So many reasons.

I keep replaying the memory of her crushing herself with mount wundagore, the guilt in her eyes as she looked at me and breathed her last breath, the way she didn't even hesitate before doing so.

The rest of my sad self died with her that day.

Now I'm nothing. How am I supposed to live without my mother?

It's only been a week and the woman I spent every day of my life with isn't here. I'm already forgetting her scent and voice. I can no longer hear her angry thoughts, I no longer feel safe with her presence around me, I no longer can seek comfort; I am all alone.

It's me and myself against the world. This cruel world. This cruel world which has taken everything from my poor mother, even taking herself.

She didn't deserve anything she went through. After all of this, I come to the conclusion I simply cannot live without her. I can't. I'm fifteen years old, I can't live the rest of my life without her. I just can't.

So I'm taking back what's rightfully mine. I'm taking back what DESERVES to be here. Everybody makes mistakes, but only the good people are the ones who fix their mistakes. Which my mom did; every. single. time.

I use my powers to smash my tea against the tree not too far from me and I stand up harshly. I'm bringing my mama back to me.

I storm inside. I don't have the darkhold, or my mother, I only have myself. Me, myself and I. I am Eliza, who is going to bring back her mother, using the power my mama gifted me with at birth. All for this.

I don't know how I'm going to do this, all I know is that I AM going to fucking do this.

I leave my room, preparing myself to enter my mom's room for the last time.

I place my hand on the handle, taking an extremely deep breath and opening it. A gust of wind flows straight into my exhausted face, letting me inhale the long lost scent of my mama.

I smile sadly, finally feeling home again with her scent. I walk in slowly, looking at the unmade bed that was waiting for her to get back into that night, the unfinished book on her nightstand, the half empty glass of water beside the book, the dirty pyjamas tossed onto her chair, her underwear draw half open, her closed curtains that she never opened; so much of her.

It's almost like this room has just frozen in time, keeping my mom's memory alive. I quickly snap myself out of this trance and walk over to her chest of wooden drawers, which lay her jewellery box on top, wide open.

The locket I gave her from Christmas Eve dangling from the holder. I carefully take it, holding it protectively in my palm.

I take one last long glance at her room before I leave, closing and locking the door behind me. If I accomplish what I'm hoping to accomplish, nobody will ever set foot in that room again.