meltdown ~eo~

Tw: hitting- (not anything too violent)

Eliza aged- 15
_____________________________

Lizzie's POV:

My daughter is one for sleeping in late, but now as it hits 5pm I'm starting to get more concerned. She's been doing so well mentally, or so I thought until last night when she came out of the bathroom with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

I tried everything to get her to talk to me but she shut me out and wanted to sleep instead. I've given her space today, but now I refuse to let her stay in bed any longer as it'll only make whatever she's feeling now, a lot worse. One thing I know Eliza likes is comfort eating, so I instead of bringing her the dinner I made I brought up one of her comfort foods which is grapes.

Without knocking on the door, I enter the room cautiously incase I may be invading her privacy but I'm not surprised when I see her cooped up still fast asleep, her face still flustered from last night.

I walk over and take a seat on the edge of her bed, placing the grapes on her nightstand and running my hand gently through her hair. She looks so peaceful sleeping so I hate that I have to wake her up. Eliza jumps slightly at the sight of me leaning over, probably had just being woken up from a dream. "Hi my baby," I whisper with a smile only to earn a frown from my teenager as she pulls the blanket back over her head.

"Go away." Is all I get in response. I pull the covers off her face and meet her exhausted eyes again. "It's dinner time, honey. It's time to get up now." After having no response from her again, I begin to softly pat her back as she faces away from me, doing my best to keep her from falling back to sleep. "Come on sweetheart." I urge her with a soft tone.

Then abruptly, she harshly moves my hand away from her and begins to kick the covers off her bed, getting up and pushing past me to go to the bathroom. "Eliza!" I scold at her sudden outburst and follow her to the bathroom eagerly.  Just as she's about to close the bathroom door, I place my foot there to block it. "What the fuck mom!" Eliza curses, swinging open the door fully and glaring daggers at me. She really isn't herself today.

"Keep the door open a little please, you don't seem in a good mindset today and I just want to make sure you're safe, okay?"  Judging by the look my teenager is giving me, she doesn't seem too thrilled about this at all, but she knows from last time that if I see she is struggling I will keep an extra close eye on her. And today I'm not taking any chances.

"I'm literally fine! Just let me piss in peace!" She snaps again. "You can go to the toilet in peace honey, but I don't want you closing the door fully. I'm sure you can understand my concern for you, so please let me do what I think is best for you right now." I tell her calmly, doing my best to keep good communication but this only seems to annoy her further.

"Stop talking to me like I'm five," she sighs before slyly waiting for the moment I move my foot away from the door frame and slamming the door in my face, the sound of the lock clicking straight afterwards. "Hey, hey!" I yell, beginning to bang on the door desperately. "Eliza, open the door."

Robbie then comes up the stairs with a key. "I heard the commotion from downstairs, I thought you might be needing this." He holds up the key that unlocks the bathroom door from the outside for situations like this, after last time we made sure to get a key for all three of the bathrooms.

"Thank you," I mouth to him gratefully before stepping out of his way as he unlocks the door to a confused looking Eliza sat up against the wall with her knees tucked into her chest. "What the-"