Study Buddy

Wylan never liked going back to his house, he just didn't feel like fighting with his dad or hearing Alys making plans for the new baby.
Wylan had only learned about the new addition to the family about a week ago.
He hadn't even told Jesper yet, Wylan didn't want to acknowledge it if he was being honest. Wylan sighed as he pushed open the huge double doors to his house, the smell of fresh bread overwhelmed him. He took off his coat and walked into the kitchen, Alys stood by the counter. She was cutting up some carrots and throwing them into a pot. "Smells great Alys" he smiled.
She glanced at him and grinned. "Oh wonderful, I'm trying a new stir-fry recipe! How was breakfast with your friends? You were out for a while" Alys stirred the pot.
Wylan grabbed his phone and sat down at the bar, "It was alright. We just made carpool plans." His phone buzzed, Wylan looked down at it. 

------------------------------------
Jesper the dum-dum:  you NEED to come to my house ASAP. MAJOR HW PROBLEMS!!!

Wylan:   too bad, I'm gonna eat dinner here tonight. Wanna talk to my dad 

Jesper the dum-dum:   WYLAN VAN ECK. HONEY. DARLING. I NEED HELP
------------------------------------

Wylan smiled at his phone, he wasn't lying to Jesper. he did want to talk to his dad, Wylan figured that it wouldn't hurt to try and reach out first. His phone buzzed again.

------------------------------------
Jesper the dum-dum: IK YOU READ THAT 

Wylan: lmao, fine. YOU can come over HERE and I'll help you. You have to eat dinner with us tho 

Jesper the dum-dum:  Yasssssss, ilysm :) give me like 40 minutes, i'm gonna shower then i'll head over

Wylan: yea yea, take your time dw
---------------------------------

Wylan put his phone down and smiled again, this time he saw Alys looking at him. 
She grinned bigger, "you talking to a special girl?" 
Wylan tensed a little bit but realized he was being ridiculous, "something like that" he muttered.
He stood up and started going to his room, his father was walking down the hallway into his office.
"Hey Dad" Wylan walked a bit faster to catch up to his dad. Jan Van Eck turned to face his son, a twisted expression played on his face.
"Yes Wylan?" he said curtly.
Wylan stopped and kinda stumbled over his words "oh I was just gonna ask if you wanted to do something together today? Or anytime you can-"
Jan grimaced. "And why would we do that? I'm busy with work and you need to focus on your studies. I've heard you're falling behind again. It's probably because of those people your always with." 
Wylan winced, it was true he was falling behind in class, but it wasn't his fault he didn't understand what the teachers were talking about and what the writing on the board said.
"It's not my friends, I don't know why I'm failing again but its not them." Wylan said meekly.
Jan just shouldered his coat and turned away from Wylan. 
"Just stop Wylan. You can't fix mistakes."
 He glanced over his shoulder to look his son in the face. "Believe me, I've tried."
Jan turned back around and walked into his office, slamming the door behind him.
Wylan felt tears well in his eyes, he tried to blink them back. What would his dad say about him crying? 
Probably say I can't do that properly either. Wylan thought to himself. 
He tried to shake off the nagging feeling of his fathers voice in his head but couldn't.
Suddenly a loud knock rang through the air, Alys's little terrier barked and jumped at the door.
Wylan wiped the tears from his eyes and ran to the door before Alys did, she jumped back from the doorway.
He opened the door, Jesper smiled at Wylan. 
"Hi" Wylan beamed.
"You're a lifesaver" Jesper pushed past Wylan and walked into the house, setting down a backpack full of books.
"That thing was killing me" Jesper stretched, his shirt pulling up a little bit. Wylan looked away quickly but not before Jesper could notice.
He smirked and got a little closer to Wylan, "like what you see?" 
Wylan turned a very bright shade of pink and vaguely gestured toward Alys.
"What homework is it?" he asked, still pink.
Jesper sighed. "You're no fun. It's geometry" 
"Oh okay, easy stuff" Wylan grabbed a book from Jesper's bag but noticed a look on Jespers face. "What?" he lowered the book.
Jesper shrugged "wouldn't this be easy if we went to your room? So we can focus ya'know."
Wylan flushed again. "oh yeah sure" Wylan grabbed some of the books and started walking to his room.
He looked briefly at his dad's office door but quickly pushed thoughts of his father out of his head.

He sat down on his bed and started laying books out, Jesper flopped down beside him.
 "New idea, I talk, you do my homework?" Jesper grinned stupidly at Wylan. 
A smile tugged at Wylan's mouth. "Or I help you do your homework like we said I would."
"no fun" Jesper huffed as he opened a book. 
They worked for about ten minutes before Jesper got bored. 
"I'm gonna jump out of that window if we don't do something soon" Jesper said as he slammed a book down on the bed.
"Don't you need to pass though?" Wylan asked as he finished solving a problem.
"I do, but its only 95% of my grade" Jesper got up and looked around Wylan's room.
Wylan snorted, "only." He looked at the taller boy who was going through Wylan's closet.
Jesper never stopped moving, he was always in motion. 
"Let's play truth or dare" Jesper smirked as he threw himself on the bed again.
 Wylan shook his head, "that sounds horrible." Jesper just closed the books and threw them on the floor. "truth or dare?" Jesper asked as he ignored Wylan.
"Truth" Wylan sighed.
Jesper just smirked, "who do you like? And don't say no one because I know you like someone."
Wylan felt as his cheeks heated up. "I don't like anyone" he lied.
Jesper knew that he was lying. "Liessss, your scrunching your nose. You do that when you lie" 
He mumbled something that sounded remarkably like a cuss word. "I do not."
"You do. Now tell me"
"I can't say."
"I won't tell her, I swear!"
"her?"
Jesper looked at Wylan quickly, but he just smiled. 
"Or him" 
Wylan's cheeks burned. Luckily Aly's called them to dinner. Wylan shrugged. 
"Guess you'll never know." Wylan got up and walked out the room, Jesper followed after him.
"Oh don't worry your pretty little face I'll figure it out." Jesper whispered as they sat down at the table.
Alys grinned and handed them both plates heaped with stir-fry and chicken, the three of them sat down and ate. Wylan's father never came out to get food.
After dinner Jesper thanked Alys for thr dinner and started walking out to his car. Wylan helped him carry all his book and the extra food Alys sent with him. 
"Thanks Wy, your the best." Jesper said as he shut the backdoor to his small car. 
Wylan smiled softly. "Drive safe Jes"
"Always do"
Jesper got into his car and drove down the driveway. 
Wylan watched as his friend disappeared into the night, he sighed and walked back into the house. 

 (A/N)

First of all, thank you guys so much for reading! We just jumped from 35 views to a hundred in one night! I really appreciate the support from everyone on here and from tumblr! Also sorry about this chapter, def not my best writing but I'm super tired and kinda burnt out tbh. Thank you all again and I hope you have a good day/night/evening :)