The Fine Art Of Bullshit

Kaz Brekker didn't need a reason. These were the words muttered in the hallway as Kaz walked calmly down the hall, wiping his knuckles clean from a bloody fight in the bathroom.
Everyone knew who he was, and they knew to stay out of his way.
 Nickolai didn't of coarse, which is why Kaz figured the blonde boy even approached him in the first place. The plan was simple. Get in the office, grab the file, and get out. Simple enough. 
Well, it seemed simple enough. There were of coarse, a few snags. The office was going to be locked up at night, probably with several security camera's and maybe a security guard. This was a school after all.

 As Kaz shut his locker he heard a small cough beside him. 
"Inej what have I told you about sneaking up on me?" He slammed the locker shut, pushing his books back into his bag.
The small girl raised an eyebrow, clearly examining him.
"Don't?" She asked, obviously sarcastic.
"Yes. Don't." Kaz closed the bag and started walking away. She followed closely at his heels. 
"You still haven't told us about this 'huge job' you found." Inej said behind him.
"I sent you a text about meeting at the Crow club later. I sent everyone a text." 
"Yes I know." She stopped.
"Then what the hell is the matter Inej? I said I would explain everything later." Kaz turned around to look at her.
"The problem is that you haven't told me anything in day's Kaz, you just pop up with a 'job' and then expect us all to blindly follow you."
"Stop saying job like that." 
"Like what?"
"Like its not a real thing, and I don't owe you information about this. I told you about it because I knew that you would follow me blindly." Kaz stepped towards her. "Now, I'll see you at the Crow Club later." 
Kaz turned back around and walked away, leaving Inej standing in the hallway.

----------------------------------------

The Crow Club was a small café, but it was warm and they made good coffee. Kaz's uncle, Per Haskell owned the place.
Haskell was a terrible business man though, until his fourteen year old nephew came to live with him and decided to spruce the place. New decorations, better food. Haskell just decided to let the kid, he was probably going though a hard time. His mom running away and his dad committing suicide and all. The poor child needed something to take his mind off that. 

Kaz walked in later that afternoon, as he looked around he saw the fruit of his hard work. Everyone looked happy. Kaz wasn't though, it wasn't that he felt bad about what he said to Inej. All that he said was true, he just didn't like the look on her face after he had said it. 
The tall boy walked behind the counter and into the back. A small door lead into a storage room Kaz had turned into a changing area for the staff. Kaz took off his coat and gently, he lifted the gloves off his hands. He turned on the sink, cold metal meeting his skin. He sighed as warm water ran over his fingers.
"Yooo Kazzy pooo, come out wherever you aree" Jesper poked his head through the doorway.
"That's not my name. And your not supposed to be back here. It's staff only." Kaz quickly grabbed a rag and dried his hands, slipping the black gloves back on.
Jesper smiled and strode into the small room, taking a seat on a stray chair.
"So, how have you been" Jesper asked, shifting in his chair.
Kaz sat down across from him on a box.
"Fine. Yourself?" Kaz asked kurtly.
"Absolutely horrible, you know I've come to fancy someone recently?" Jesper groaned.
"I can't say I did know, I also can't say that I really care." Kaz moved slightly, god this box was uncomfortable.
"I'm gonna ignore that and tell you anyway because I like to believe that you care about me. So like I was saying, I like this guy right? He's funny and sweet and perfect, but I just freeze when I'm with him. It's terrible." Jesper slid out of the chair and onto the floor, his head resting on the seat part.
"Sounds like you're in love Jes" Kaz joked. 
"Really? Does it actually?" Jesper sat up straighter. "Well fuck, this complicates everything" he mumbled.
Kaz fought a smirk, poor Jesper didn't know anything.
"Watch your language Jesper" Wylan said as he walked into the room, Inej and Nina behind him.
"Yeah Jesper" Nina slightly kicked Jesper's knee.
"Shut up, the lot of you. I have stuff to think about" Jesper shot a look at Nina and quickly at Wylan.
"Ew" Wylan made a face like he was grossed out as he sat down beside Jesper.
"Not like that" Jesper shoved him a little.
"Where is Helvar?" Kaz interrupted. He needed them all to be here.
"He's getting me a plate of waffles, and a coffee for himself. I told him to be prepared for a long talk." Nina told Kaz as she sat on a bench against the back wall. 
"I thought I said be here ready to talk and plan. Not get Nina food and then talk and plan." Kaz glared at Nina.
"Calm down he'll be here in a moment." She sighed, she seemed tired lately.
As if on command Matthias walked into the small room, waffles in hand.
"They said that I didn't have enough money for coffee." The tall boy said as he handed Nina the plate and sat down beside her.
"That's so sad" Nina said, her mouth already full of waffle.
Kaz frowned and looked around. Jesper and Wylan were giggling about something, Inej looked very uncomfortable, Nina, with her mouth full of waffles, and Matthias, the idiot who was looking upon her with something that could be compared to love. 
These people were the ones who Kaz trusted with everything, and he didn't have much.
They were there for him, which is why he even considered this job at all.
"We're going to break into the principles office and steal a confidential record." Kaz blurted out.
Everyone stopped talking and stared at him. 
"You're crazy." Wylan exclaimed. Jesper nodded in agreement.
"Or stupid." Nina grunted through bites of waffle. 
"I think both." Matthias chimed in, ever so helpfully.
"I'm leaned more toward the stupid side myself." Inej added icily. 
"What makes you think we're gonna do that?" Nina asked, finally putting down the plate of waffles and wiping her mouth on her sleeve.
"Because I asked nicely, and not threateningly. Which I could do if push comes to shove. You all know how we met. You all are no saints." Kaz stood up, his leg cramping from not moving.
They all looked away, avoiding Kaz or each other's eye's. 
"I'll do it, sounds like a challenge. I like challenges" Jesper said quietly, if he was anything it was loyal. 
Kaz nodded, refusing to reward Jesper with a thank you or a vocal acknowledgement.
 "I think I am too" Nina said hesitantly, "if Matthias is" she added.
"I am." Matthias muttered.
"I still think its a terrible idea, we might get expelled if we get caught." Wylan rambled.
"If we get caught, I'll figure something out." Kaz told him.
"And it would be funny to see your dad's face if you tell him you got expelled." Jesper nudged Wylan's leg and smiled. Wylan smiled back and scooted a little closer to Jesper.
"It would- fine. I'm in, but I really don't want to get caught." Wylan kind of trembled.
"That leaves you Inej" Kaz finally dared a glance at her. She was looking right at him, her features were serious. 
"Fine. But this is the last job I'm doing for you Brekker." 
Kaz was taken a back by this, but it didn't show.
"So be it." 
They all breathed a sigh of relief, or maybe it was stress, anticipation, dread. They sat there in silence for a few moments, the mutual understanding of the gravity of this job took all the words from them. 
"How are we gonna do this anyway?" Jesper finally broke the heavy air.
"First things first, we're going to lie about some stuff." Kaz smiled, it was rare but someone to con always brought a smile to his face.

A/N
Hiii, I'm back :P
I decided to re-watch and re-read SoC and SaB and that was just enough to give me inspiration to write again, so I'm here for more silly crow tings
Ty for reading 
All the love <33