Chapter 4: Learning more ( And new kits)

A/N: I don't own Warriors. Erin Hunter does. I just play with the characters.

" Speech"
Thoughts
' Flashback'

Lilystep padded out of the nursery, blinking in the sunlight. She started to slowly wash but stopped when she felt eyes on her. As she turned to look in the direction where she thought the cat was she noticed the dark brown tabby tom with long claws staring at her, his amber gaze blazing with near outright hostility. What's his problem? I haven't done anything to him.

" Why are you staring at the kittypet, Tigerclaw? Aren't you supposed to get ready for my training session?" Lilystep heard the voice of the young black tabby tom with yellow eyes asking him.

" We have to wait for Finchwing and Longpaw. Then we can go to Sandy hollow for training. Today we will go over a few more difficult moves since the younger apprentices won't be with us. They are all on either hunting or border patrols, or gathering moss . " Tigerclaw drawled,with a small sneer on his face at the end of the explanation as if he'd think that moss gathering or patrols were beneath him .

After a few heartbeats the brown
tabby tom with green eyes padded over to Tigerclaw and the dark grey tabby  tom with  the pale brown tabby tom with blue eyes and long tail trailing behind him.

" Finchwing,Longpaw. Are you ready? " Tigerclaw asked.

Finchwing, whom Lilystep recognized as the mate of Cloudfur, nodded. " Yes, we are. "

The massive dark brown tom nodded. " Good. "

After that, the quartet left the camp.

Lilystep thought for a moment about what she should do before padding over to the pile of prey, choosing a small mouse.

As she ate Lilystep thought that she heard yowling nearby that got closer and closer. What's going on? Did some cat get attacked by a fox or something?

After a few heartbeats, a patrol of cats ran into the camp, pelts fluffed and claws out. The air around them stank of fear. What happened? Did one of the cats get hurt or... even killed?!

Bluestar padded out of her den to see what was going on.

" Frostfur, what is all of this yowling about? " The leader asked from a white she-cat with dark blue eyes, who was one of the cats in the patrol.

" We saw a badger near the Thunderpath. It probably came from ShadowClan's territory, we didn't see any ShadowClan patrols though. But we drove it away , to no Clan's territory. " Frostfur explained

Bluestar listened, nodding. " I see. If any of you are hurt, go to the medicine cat den. "

After that, a few cats in the patrol padded into the den that smelled strongly like herbs. Is that the medicine cat den? I have never been there, because the medicine cat , Spottedpelt or something similar I think her name was, has always come to the nursery to check on us.

Lilystep's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of paw steps. When she turned to look at the cat in question she saw that Bluestar had jumped off the rock she had been standing atop of, watching the Clan.